Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yarn & More

Well, I went to the yarn store today and bought the yarn for my bag. I've started on it about three times now and mess up and have to start again; I'm just not used to using circular needles, but I'll get the hang of it.

I didn't really like the yarn store I went to. Part of it is the fact that I'm so inexpierenced that specialized yarn stores intimidate me a bit and part of it was their selection was crap. They didn't have any alpaca yarn which I wanted to get for my pal, they didn't have any real needle selection at all and the ladie looked like she wanted to bite the head off of something. I don't know maybe when I know more I will find the little yarn stores fun and quaint but now I just feel out of place, but Michaels doesn't have a very wide selection of quality yarn like the specialty shops nor do they have a wide selection of needles. I need to find a little yarn store that I like :) but at the same time then I would want to go more which in turn would cause me to spend more money...hmmm.

Well, here are my goodies. Of course I couldn't just buy what I went into the store for I also picked up a book of afgans to knit. I really like the one pictured below - that may be my next project.





















Well, other than that the day was good. I'm about to go watch some tv with my hubby and work on getting my bag good and started :) Tomorrow I have an assignment due so it'll be study study study for me.

I wish you all a wonderful evening!

3 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Ooooooh! I *love* your Noro color choice!!!

Let me know if you need help with the bag :)

Segue said...

There's a yarn store near my house.

I've always wondered what people did with all that yarn.

Now I know!

You commented on my blog today... I thought I'd investigate, and I've concluded I have no idea how you found my page.

But thanks for stopping by!

Mylerna said...

LOL, Segue. I think I found your page from looking at the following link: http://geminiknitter.blogspot.com/
I've enjoyed checking it every now and then. I need to get your blog and Geminiknitters linked to mine; just haven't done it yet.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...