Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Fight is Over

I'm afraid the battle is over and I've lost. This cold has taken over my body and is rampaging thru it with remarkable efficiency. I hate head colds: I can't even think clearly enough to compare them to something horrible, but they are truly horrible. Probably going to the doc tomorrow - hopefully they can give me a wonder drug.

Other than that things have been going along here. The last load of laundry is in the washer! It's only taken me 3 solid days to get caught up. So I'm adding a New Years resolution to the list - I'm going to keep the laundry caught up. I mean this has been insane, lol.

I didn't meet my goal to get all of chp 1 read today, I did get thru section 1.5 and have to go to 1.9. Not good enough, but hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and can get caught up. I did however listen to my professor's chat tonight - talk about a micro manager. He wants to even dictate that the title of your slide be in Times New Roman 14 font while the text be in Arial 12 - I mean good grief; I'm not in elementary school. This is Grad school for God's sake I think I can figure out how to format a damn word doc. On the other hand (trying to be more positive you see) he does seem to pay attention to students and is available for help if need be. He may end up being great, but its off to a rocky start!

Got some more done on my scarf today (while listing to class) - no not the perl knit one - Just a regular scarf for a friend of mine. I'm giving up on the perl scarf for now and I"m going to try a bag instead. I wanted to look thru my books today and pick out a pattern, but I just haven't felt like it. Tomorrow maybe.

Well, I think I'm going to veg on the couch till I pass out. I pray that I get better soon - I hate head colds :) Good night dear world - sleep well.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...