Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tired - But Had Fun :)

Man, I'm tired. No real explanation for it, but I could curl up and sleep for a week. Probably going to call it an early night as soon as this post is done.

Jack and I went to the aquarium today; it was a lot of fun. They have done an amazing job with it! I was really impressed. It was too dark in some of the exhibits to make good pictures but it looks like I got a few good ones; not too many though. I haven't waded thru them all, but here are a couple of fun ones.
This is one of the beluga Whales they rescued from an amusement park in Mexico. He was so cute and personable. I could spend hours watching him and his 4 friends swim around.

One thing I was really impressed with was how much room all the animals had to swim in. I really hate zoos and aqariums where you can tell the animals are miserable because they have no room to move around, but they went all out and gave them environments as close as possible to real. It was awesome!











As I said the picture quality is not great due to the darkness and the fact that I was shooting thru 5 feet of plexi glass, but it was fun. I wish sometimes I had the money that I could just rent a place out like that for the day or the zoo - no little children to annoy me and just peace and quiet with which to enjoy the view. I need to buy a lottery ticket :) lol

We really did have alot of fun, I do plan on going back. This also made me want to revisit the Atlanta Zoo. Atlanta has done such a good job with its zoo. I've had never been to a zoo other than the one in Atlanta until a few years ago. I was horrified at the DC zoo to see the animals in cages and horrible living conditions. They were not in habitats but rather cage fences and concrete. It was horrific and I believe cruel. The Atlanta zoo all of the animals have huge habitat's! While the animals are still not in the wild they are treated well and have plenty of room. If you ever visit Atlanta I would highly recommend the zoo and the aquarium - both are wonderful experiences.

I'm on row 36 of my bag :) Woot - it's coming along!!!!

Other than that it's been quiet in Mylerna land. I'm enjoying my week off and hope you are all having a wonderful week as well, even if you are at work.

Sleep well sweet world - I'm off to bed early or maybe I'll curl up and watch TV. Anyway I wish you all an wonderful night.

1 comment:

LotusKnits said...

So when do we get a pic of the bag in progress? I can't wait!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...