Sunday, January 29, 2006

Vacation is Over

The vacation is over, tomorrow I start my new job. This both a cause of joy and sadness. Joy because I belief, hope, pray that this position is going to be a good fit; sadness because I can't spend the rest of my days doing what I want to do when I want to do it. Man vacation is nice; wish I could spend my life on vacation. No, I wouldn't' sit around and eat junk food forever, but I would do stuff that I really enjoyed even if it did pay crap (photography, work in a knitting or scrapbook store, volunteer doing something). Oh, if only I could win the lottery -> tee hee.

Mama came down and spent the night last night. During this visit I realized one thing or actually a couple of things. I am just like my mother in many ways: temperament, facial expressions, attitude, outlook on life, some beliefs and etc... However, even though she is my best friend I have nothing in common with her. She likes to watch the history channel, the weather channel and to garden; she likes learn interesting facts (she could win jeopardy) and decorate the house. I like to knit, scrapbook, create other various items, play games, read romance novels and generally be lazy. It's amazing how two people so close can be so different.

I for example hate debate and discussing differing points of view regarding politics, religion or cultural issues such as race. It irritates me when people disagree with me and because of that I try to avoid the topics. It shouldn't irritate me - I know this, but it does. I don't think the fact that they disagree irritates me as much as the fact that I'm not very good at expressing myself during a debate so I get defensive. I get irritated at myself more than anything. Jack and Mama on the other hand love it. It makes me feel bad because I want them to enjoy their conversations and I try not to look disgruntled as one argues for a certain politician and another gives valid points regarding the opponent, but I do. So they stop the conversation which makes me feel even worse. I need to learn to debate, to love debate and to express myself better in those situations then the problem would be solved. God knows I would be more interesting to talk to, but then I would need to read the paper and watch the news so that I knew what in the hell I was talking about, which I don't...something else to work on I guess.

However, on less serious/reflective fronts the bag part of my bag is done. Pics to come tomorrow. Now, I have to figure out how to make the handles. How exciting. I also need to figure out what my next project is going to be. I think I may try an afghan, or maybe do another bag as a gift, or a hat and scarf as gifties... Choices, choices! I do need to start working on stockpiling some gifts, but at the same time I enjoying exploring new things to make... Maybe I'll do two projects and swap in between them? Hmmmm.. Uh oh - I think I'm getting the bug :)

Well, sleep well dear world and wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...