Monday, January 30, 2006

First Day

The first day at my new job went ok; no major mishaps or events. You know how first days go; you learn nothing and feel out of place a lot :) The people or nice though and I can see where I will be a great asset to them - so that's a good feeling. I'm going to have to get readjusted to the 1 hour drive each way, but you take the good with the bad.

Other than that my day was uneventful. I went to work, came home and played Evercrack :) Now I'm off to bed. Tee Hee. Tomorrow I have an assignment due that I will have to come home and get workin on. Speaking of school, let me tell you about this absolutely CRAZY policy CTU (my school) has, OMG! I am going to Scotland in May and will be gone for 13 days; so I wanted to see if I could take that session off (each session is only 5 weeks) and start the next session in June! I figured no biggie. CTU on the other hand gives me these two options: 1) Withdrawl from the school completely and reapply when you are ready to come back (entails repaying app fees and all) or 2) fail the class and retake it. Can you believe that shit. Well, I will be doubling up before I leave to get way ahead (which I only have 3 days from the time the class opens for me to see assignments till I leave) but I'll have to at least get the 1st 2 assignments done. I just could not believe that was their policy! Oh, well stupidity is everywhere.

Sleep well dear world. I wish you a dream of a world without stupid people :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your first day was relatively uneventful. School policies generally suck, but that one is really stupid. But once you finish, you're done.

Anonymous said...

By the way, that last comment is from your secret pal!

Mylerna said...

We may be on tonight - just depends. I didn't get my assignment completed last night so I'll be working on it. It can't be two days late or the grade will suffer majorily.

See ya

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...