I'm writing about this trip a little late... I normally journal each night so that it is fresh in my mind, but I've just been too tired this journey. So I'll attempt to write about what I remember here so that years from now I have some hope of remembering this awesome expirence.
Day 1 - Travel Day, Wednesday 4/24
Today I worked at the office until about 3; time inched by and the closer to three it got the slower time traveled. Such as it is when you are excited about the adventure to come. I left the office at three, went home, relaxed for a few minutes then gathered Mama up and headed to the airport. Over all the trip was uneventful even if we did have to go to Orlando FL from GA by way of Charlotte NC. We got into the airport around 12 and I was a little irriated w/ Jack that we had to wait on him to pick us up vs. him being there when we landed like I would have been... but I got over it. We got to the condo and settled around 1:30 and hit the sack.
I didn't sleep to well due to Jack snoring and kicking in his sleep - the last time I glanced at the clock it was 4:30 am, so I knew the next day was going to be a long one...
Day 2 - Magic Kindgon, Thursday 4/25
Thursday was the real start of our vacation. We met up with Steve and Leo at the Waffle House and had breakfast. It had been 3 years since we seen them last and I was a little apprehensive about how it would go, but it was like we had just seen them yesterday. It's so awesome to have friends like that - friens where you just pick right up. I miss them again already... I wish they lived closer.
Anyway, I don't want to get to sentimental... so back to the journey. We ate breakfast, hopped in their car and headed for the Magic of Disney, the Magic Kingdom. The expierence was really nice, the day was pleasant and the park while crowded was managable. A few of the highlights I remember from the day:
- The Disney Castle is really cool to look at.
- The Hall of Presidents was cool; it has life size replicas of the Presidents that move and talk on Stage. You got to see Obama take the Oath.
- The Haunted Mansion was cool, but I was a little disappointed. I was told they sat next to you and that had changed and they no longer do. Overall it was cute though.
- Space Mountain is a roller coaster I don't care to do again... Jack had fun though.
- The Laugh floor show @ Monstor's Inc was really cute and funny. They have interactive cinema that talks and communicates w/ the audiance in real time.
- We ate lunch at a little pop in place, nothing special
- We ate dinner at the Pioneer restaurant, the hostess was rude, but the food was awesome as was the waiter + it was all you could eat so bonus. The A/C at this point was also awesome.
-The daytme parade was cute and we got to sat down for a few which at this point was welcome, my feet were on fire and it was warm. I ate a fruity icecream and watched the floats and dancers.
-The parade was really cool. It was crowded though and people kept getting in front of us. I wish we would have had a better spot, but the light show on the castle and the fireworks were awesome.
- After that we all exited the park which was a little like be herded like cattle and not pleasant at all. I was relieved I didn't have a panic attack.
We got back to our hotel around 1 am, got showers and passed out. Thank God for an overall great day with friends!
I'll write up the rest of our trip later... its 10 pm and my eyes are closing. Love Ya Blogland
I'm relaxed - I mean really relaxed and it feels amazing. Yesterday after the post they showed us a new room and I was really undecided...
It's technically our 2nd day here, but I didn't journal last night so I'm doing it this AM instead. It's vacation time - so...
Feel Something – the new song by Adam Lambert resonates with me. I encourage you to listen to it – it’s all about being in a place wher...
1/25/19 So, I like to keep a travel journal, it helps me remember things because my memory sucks and I enjoy sharing with you all. So...