Thursday, January 05, 2006

Distractions, Distractions, Distractions

It's really amazing how when you have something you "need" to do, but don't really "want" to do everything in the world can distract you. Man oh Man! Well, anyway I got some reading done for school and some research done for my assignment due tomorrow. I'll finish my reading up when I'm done rambling here and then tomorrow it will be time to hunker down and get the assignment done. Not the first time I've pushed it off to the last day, but I hope not to make a habit this term.

Do you want to know what I have been distracted with this afternoon? Sure you do - I know your on the edge of your seats. Well, here goes:

1) I'm staying true to my resolution to keep the laundry up to date. One load was piling up - it is now clean! I'm not Miss Susie Homemaker; don't get me wrong my house is not nasty, but the cloths tend to pile up and clearing away the clutter is something that must be done often. That being said you really don't realize how many towels you have until they are all clean and piled up.

If that falls on one of my cats he could be trapped for days :)

2) I also decided - Hey I need to post some pictures of the kitties for all to see. I mean why study when you can share kitty photos.



<-- This is our Baby Sox. And the one below is Patches. They are brothers and look just alike other than the fur pattern. Sox is very quiet and has gotten to be quite the lap kitty. Patches on the other hand wants to be petted, but only if you do it his way. He is extremly demanding. We love them both soooo much :)

3) Also while I was deciding how to figure out how not to study I picked the pattern for the bag I'm gonna make. I know I'm horrible and I'll pay for it dearly tomorrow but ah well. A picture of the bag I'm gonna try to make is to the right (Mel expect lots of phone calls) Tee Hee. The pattern is from the book by Suss Cousins titled "Hollywood Knits." I got it for Christmas (Thanks Mel). I need to knit a gauge with the yarn I bought for that "Ribbed for her Pleasure" scarf and see how it goes... I'll be watching lots of tutorials to do some of the steps, but hey you got jump off the knitting ledge sometime! Wish me luck guys.

Also as a follow up from yesterdays post I spoke to my sister-in-law and we have decided I would start with walking! Simple, easy, free and well I don't have to learn how to do it. Tee Hee. I'm going to start tomorrow; the only thing I'm worried about is the fact that it gets dark so soon. Hmmm. I'll figure it out and make it work -> I've got to get in better shape so I can have more energy and I feel better.

Speaking of feeling better - I am. Still have a bit of a cough, but I'm much better than yesterday! Woot!

Other than that life has been quite. I'm going to log off now, get away from the many distractions I can find on my computer (amazing what you can find to do - I mean who knew I needed a defrag?) and go find some will power. I know I have some stashed somewhere! Time to hunker down and get this done.


1 comment:

LotusKnits said...

Oooh! I love that bag! Lemme know what sort of help you need!

Another good pattern is here, if you ever get the desire for an all wool bag. I've made one and felted it, but I'm going to make another with a different kind of wool and decide whether to felt or not.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...