Thursday, March 02, 2006

Another Day

Well, Mama is still in the hospital. I got there this morning at 10 and left around 6. Her color was getting alot better and she seemed to be feeling ok. She did have one bout of pain this afternoon that was pretty bad; I've never really seen my mother in pain so it was a humbling experience. I've never seen her helpless - it saddens me and causes me to feel helpless; which really I am. There is nothing I can do to make her feel better or make the incision in her back magically get well. All I can do is be there as support and let her know that I love her and that I and most everyone I know is praying for her.

It's good though - they caught it early; she is not even going to have to do Kimo. She should be plenty well in time for our trip to Scotland - WOOT.

I got some good school work done while sitting up there and some knitting done; my shawl is coming right along. I'm going to try and get the discussion board assignment that is late done tonight and then I should be caught back up. Hopefully I can stay that way.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Sleep well blog land.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I had posted a prayer for you several days ago but the page did not look like this. I am a good friend of Amy's. I used to live in SSM but recently moved to
Winnipeg.
I said a prayer for your mom & you that God would grant you love, strength & courage to deal with mom's illness & allow you to live in love, health & happiness.

Mylerna said...

Tee Hee. Not sure where your other post went, but I really do appreciate your prayers. Thanks!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...