Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Man Oh Man

Today was a day! My new trainee started and while I would love to start with the basics with her there is just so much going on so she is really getting thrown in to the fire and we are kinda jumping right into the work flow! While I feel sorry for her to a degree and would fix it if I could; I figure that's what they are paying her that extra 30,000 for! I know I'm holding a grudge, but good grief 30,000 more a year - OMG I just wish I didn't know that. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Ok, so on to other topics before I get pissed all over again. My assignment is turned in - not so sure about it's quality but it's done! The next one is due Friday. I don't know I just seem to be struggling with motivation this term, maybe it's the fact that I can't stand the professor or the Christmas break spoiled me, but I have to get myself mentally pulled together so I can graduate in December.

The bag has been decided upon http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html I talked to my knitting mentor, aka my sister-in-law, and we decided I better do the smart thing since I'm a beginner and go buy the yarn the pattern calls for instead of my cute Patons yarn (color 11430) which is just way too thick for anything I'm beginning to think. By the way fellow knitters, what do you use yarn that is that thick for? I really like it and want to make something with it eventually, but it's too bulky for a scarf and for this bag. Well, anyway I looked up a couple of knitting shops close to work and will give them a call tomorrow to see if they carry Noro Kureyon yarn then go pick some up :) as I really want to get started on this! I can grab some stuff for my SP7 pal while I'm there. Only drawback is I have to be careful with money; accepting this new position is a slight (ok more than slight) pay cut and while I will be happier I'm not sure how it's going to affect the purse strings yet.

I did my 3 laps today :) I feel really good about this walking program and really hope I can stick with it. Probably boring but putting it on my blog makes me feel accountable to more than just myself so it gives me some extra motivation and I'll take all I can get!

Other than that things are quiet. I'm about to go to bed; my sleeping schedule has gotten really messed up and going to bed at 1am is just not healthy so I'm going to make myself lay down and hopefully fall asleep. I bid you all sweet dreams of lollipops and tootsie rolls.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...