Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

I’m not experienced enough to be a yarn snob yet. However, I do like really soft yarn. The course yarn that feels rough against your fingertips – not my fav.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Neither

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Currently all of my needles are just sitting in my yarn basket. I want to make me a holder for them, but all in due time.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I’ve been knitting since September of 05 so I’m still a newbie. Very much in the beginner level.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not currently.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Too many smells tend to give me a headache so I don’t burn Candles in the house. I love bath products though and while I don’t have any particular favorite I like something that smells fresh or flowery.

I don’t really like vanilla.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Hmmmm…Choices! No real favorite I don’t guess. I like cookies and cake more than candy, but a Twix bar is always fun.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I like to scrapbook, make greeting cards, make homemade picture frames and I enjoy painting a bit (though I’m not very good).

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I can play MP3’s. I enjoy country music and soft rock. I also really like to relax to music by Enya, Enigma, and the like

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite color currently is red and pink. I also like hunter green; navy blue and burgundy. I look horrible in yellows.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with two cats.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear all of the above.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I’m still figuring that out. I like really soft yarn!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

None yet

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I’m trying to make a bag.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

So far I like scarves, but I want to advance further.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Scarf and a bag.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Would love it.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I’ve only used straight needles thus far but I received a Needle Master for Christamas I need to try out.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No

22. How did you learn to knit?

Combination of book and sister-in-law’s guidance

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

3 weeks.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Favorite Animal is butterflies. I also like Dolphins. I don’t have a favorite animated character.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Hmmm…don’t really have one.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

I love butterflies and dolphin things.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I would like to get the next Stitch’N Bitch book – Stitch’N Bitch Nation

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

How to make a bag :)

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

No, Hmmm is sock size same as shoe size? I wear a 7 ½ shoe.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

July 10th

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Thanks for posting your SP7 questionnaire! I hope you enjoy spoiling your pal, and I'm excited that you're already getting spoiled by yours!!
Shelby

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...