Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Update

Time to give you some updates/boring tidbits/pieces of recent information:

First I got to Mama's house Sunday night and there is my brother looking sad and lonely. I should feel sorry for him, should reach out a helping hand, should feel something other than anger but anger is what I feel so for now I'll roll with that. Mama looked tired and had some severe acid reflux, something she never had before the surgery. She was also hungry so we went to Waffle House, my brother stayed there. We invited him but I'm so glad he didn't go. I ordered food I knew I wouldn't eat so that my mother would eat ... she ate her entire plate. The waitress also said that bakin soda and water was good for acid reflux so we tried it since the medication wasn't workin and it actually helped her. We then went back to Mama's and I stepped over my brother snoring in the floor as I made the way to the guest bedroom he was gracious enough to give up for me. Gracious... oh stopping now before I go off ranting.

Well, anyway we get up Monday and went out to breakfast and then went to the clinic. We figured we would be out of there by one or two and I had actually planned on working 1/2 a day -> WRONG. We got there at 10 at which time they informed us they have to do labs before they can begin. That took 2 hours and then the treatment was 4 1/2 hours and it will be 4 1/2 hours each time. I didn't mind the wait or would not have minded the wait had I been mentally prepared for an all day event but both of us expected a couple hours and then we would be out. Little did we know. Plus, they only allow family back during the 1st kimo treatment so they are not really set up for visitors. The majority of the day I sat on a folding metal chair, man was I sore. On the bright side I got my shawl done (pics to be posted tomorrow) and Mama's first treatment is out of the way. By the time we got out of there I was aggravated enough to spit fire and trying not to show it for Mama's sake...I wasn't too successful.

Good news though - she hasn't been sick from it yet. A little queasy but not really sick. Keep hoping that all of her treatments are like that.

On other fronts my Everquest guild has started playing on a Player vs Player server - I don't know I just don't enjoy it as much. I like my main character and really do not have alternate characters like many people so having to start over on another server where I have to watch out for guys much higher level than me hunting me down for the sheer fun of it isn't that much fun. Maybe it will grow on me because Lord knows I love playing with the guild. I can't wait till a bunch of them come down in June. It's going to be so much fun to have them here.

I also signed up for secret pal 8 today - WOOT. SP7 was so much fun...can't wait to do it again.

I'm so restless right now. I want to punch something or scream until I wake up the world or cry until I pass out in exhaustion. I don't know why or what is going on all I know is that I need a release...I need a moment of clarity, happiness, peace. I need something; here's praying I find it soon.

Sleep well blog land. I wish you restful dreams and peaceful days.

6 comments:

Mylerna said...

I go where the guild goes and if that's PvP then guess I'll suck it up. I just want to play with everyone.

LotusKnits said...

Glad your mom is doing well! Hope the chemo goes gently for her. Sorry your brother is being a jerk.

Call me if you need anything or just want to talk!

*hugs*
Melanie

Mylerna said...

Thanks Mel. You have no idea how much your friendship means to me.

Love you!

Lisa

Jae said...

I'm glad to hear that the treatments aren't that rough so far. I hope that your restlessness is just a temporary reaction to the stress of the past few days. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help - even if it is just to provide an ear to vent to.

Anonymous said...

Mylerna i am glad to read that your mothers chemo tx have been good so far. I really miss you and jack in the game but obviously real life is more pressing. I have started a character on pvp but i am not enjoying it very much. getting jumped by a character 8 levels above you is not my idea of fun. Hope the guild eventually migrates back to oasis. lastly just a little note regarding using baking soda and water as an antacid. While i know it works very quickly it can often worsen the problem in the long run. Next time i catch you online ill explain why. Hope everything continues to go well- keep us informed

Mylerna said...

Yea, I doubt they will stay pvp for long....

Thanks for the tip and your thoughts :)

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...