Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Rambling

Ok, so I warn you now this is probably going to be a long post. I have lots I want to share with you. I know what your thinking - "Mylerna your post are always long." Well, I know but ah well...I like putting my thoughts/goals out into blog land. So here goes - fair warning that subjects will change suddenly :) Tee Hee

1) My secret pal rocks! I wanted to post this last night, but with my assignment time got away from me. Yea, I know I shouldn't have procrastinated but it's in my nature. Anyway I digress - my pal Rocks. Yesterday I came home after what I affectionately call the day from hell. When I got home I walked down to the end of the driveway in the drizzly rain and opened the mailbox. Being in the frame of mind I was in, I did not immediately think "sp7" when I saw the package the mailman had stuffed into our mailbox. Instead I thought "Man, why did he have to shove this in here. Doesn't he know I'll never be able to get it out? Doesn't he know my day has sucked and if he would just have placed this by the front door he could have lessened my headache?" I know negative - I'm working on it!! So, anyway I finally get the package out of the mailbox and still being in the mood that I was in it didn't dawn on me. I get inside drop my stuff off on the kitchen counter and look down. Then the light went off!!! Ding Ding Ding - Oh yea you have a pal! and I bet this is something cool. Oh, I hope it's from my pal, oh I hope, I hope!!!! So then I forget the day from hell and rip open the package to find the following great items!!!


Thank you Secret Pal!!! You made my day. My mood and thus my evening were so much better because of you. You could not have picked a better day for this to show up, stuffed or not, in my mailbox :) Thanks so much.

For those of you who can't tell in the picture above I got the following great items: Stitch'n Bitch Nation, a yarn measurement guide (which I really needed being the newb I am), a great measuring tap that retracts (how cool is that!) and a needle case by Lantern Moon. I'm so excited and pal once again Thank you not only for the gifts but for the timing. You really did make my day!

2) My secret pal inspired me. I had planned to get up Saturday morning and go to the knitting store but I couldn't wait any longer. I found another store near work, because as you know the one I went to last week was not so great. This store is called the Needle Nook and it was really cool. Lots of yarn, but not so organized and stuffy that I was intimidating. The salespeople were friendly and helpful and they had a fairly wide selection of books. They still did not have the needles my pal has on her wish list - guess I'll have to shop on line for those, but I did get her some cool alpaca yarn and the book she was wanting "Knitting Vintage Socks" by Nancy Bush. Which should make two really cool packages for her. I have to be careful of my spending with the pay cut I'm taking but I figured I would go ahead and grab a couple of gifts just in case I can't find a shop near my next job. I'm so excited - I only hope she likes it. I'm scared I didn't buy the right color or that she won't have anything she wants to make out of that size yarn, but here's hoping. Here's a picture - Patches is modeling for you :) Don't worry I saved the yarn right after the picture...he loves to get into trouble.

3) Speaking of knitting I've worked on my bag some, but unfortunately I messed something up so I had to back up several rows. I'm at 8 complete rows now - I think. It's harder to back up when working on circular needles or so I have found out. I hope I'm counting the rows right. But anyway the bag is looking good after I fixed the dropped stich and I'm enjoying the process of making it. I can't wait till it's done and I can use it. It's so neat to make stuff that you can actually use. Oh, and speaking of making things. I thought I would post a picture of one of my frames. Please keep in mind that you can't see the fingerprints on it like you can in this picture...I guess the flash really picked up on them because I can't see them at all and I'm staring at it. BTW the picture it holds is one I took :)

4) My cats are nuts. Take a look at this - no we are not depriving them of water...they have a fresh bowl that I had just fixed, but no they have to drink the hard way. It's so cute.

5) Hmm..what else should I ramble on about? I could tell you the really gross story about the turkey, but I'll save you the misery. Tee Hee - Can't think of anything else. Life is good here. I had a good day (my boss is out of town) and I'm happy. Wow, happy! That's a good feeling. I wish you all dreams of kitty cats and fluffy yarn. Sleep well sweet world.

1 comment:

LotusKnits said...

Yay! What nice stuff! Your pal DOES rock!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...