Monday, January 02, 2006

Family & Real Life

My aunt is in town visiting my mother - this is a rare occasion. My mothers family is from Texas and I've been out there a few times in my life. They are nice enough people, but they are all a little looney; ok not a little ALOT! I don't know how Mama escaped, well she sorta escaped - even she has her moments :), but I guess we all do. Well, anyway I digress. My aunt is visiting so I drove up to see her today + I wanted to see Mama and get out of the house. This lady is sweet as she can be, but nuts! I mean down right Nuts! I can't even begin to describe the level, but to say the least it was an entertaining afternoon. Apparently I'm a princess - according to her; who was I to argue (tee hee). I did however argue with the fact that she insisted I was going to have a little girl and name her "Velma" (she thinks she can see the future apparently). First of all Jack and I are not having children, for a # of reasons I won't spend 5 paragraphs describing, but even if we did have a little girl I wouldn't name it Velma! Nuts I tell you - Nuts! But I love her just the same - odd huh?

Well, anyway being around her got me thinking about what makes people who they are? Is it some genetic line somewhere that if checked yes your looney and no your not? Or is it the upbringing? A combination of both? Does your life expierence really affect you so much or is who/what you are going to be really predetermined before you begin? Yes, the Lord gave us free will, but doesn't he have a plan for our life? Isn't this a contradiction? Basically, its just a lot of questions that have been debated back to the dawn of time, but at this particular juncture in time I find myself debating them internally. There are no definitive answers really, but I don't believe in my heart of hearts that my path is pre-chosen. I believe that the choices I make and the things that occur make me who I am and where I am going to be. Granted there are the unavoidable things that just happen unexpectantly, but it is my decision on how to handle those catastrophe. How I choose to handle it makes up another fiber or page in who I am. I believe the Lord guides us and directs us in our path, but ultimately we choose to go right or left. He may not agree w/ the decision, but it is our choice. Ok, so I've rambled enough about that - if you can't understand what I'm talking about forgive me...my mind is still sorting it out so it's probably not very clear.

Tomorrow (or later today I should say) it's back to real life for me. 14 more days at my current positon and I can do cartwheels out the door. I can't wait!! In the meantime I determined to give them 14 days of good solid work, and hopefully get someone trained to take my place. I just have to keep my will power up. Something happens when you are about to leave a job - your "give a shit meter" stops going past negative 1 :) tee hee.

Also, school started back today. I have to read 2 chapters and do an assignment by Friday. I got 2 sections of chapter 1 read today. My goal is to finish 1 tomorrow and do 2 on Wednesday. That will give me 2 days to research and get my assignment completed. I plan on using this blog to set my goals for school this semester. Hopefully, it will help me stay on track - > I want to keep my 4.0 and my professor this semester seems like he is going to be tough.

Oh, one more think -> I think I'm going to try making a bag! I just don't like the way that yarn that I posted a pic of knits into a scarf and I thought a bag might be ideal. I'm still trying to get an understanding of what yarns work for what. This is a big step for me; the venturing away from the easy scarf (or at least it seems to be) so wish me luck...I hope the yarn is not to bulky for a scarf.... We shall see.

Well, anyway that's my rant / goins on for the day. I'm off to dream of the lovely bag, EQ tradeskillin and romance galore.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...