Wednesday, October 25, 2006

AAAH

A nice day, a busy but nice day - yep that was my day today! I feel so satisfied right now - with virtually everything. I'm sure the day to day grime will come back to me eventually but right now I feel as if I'm floating on a cloud of pink fluffy stuff :) hee.

So what made the day so great? Actually nothing imparticular; I felt like I got stuff accomplished at work which is always a good feeling. I read some of a new Nora Roberts (or at least new to me) at lunch, came home and had my first attempt at making soup. Yes, I COOKED - and believe it or not I didn't have a recipe in front of me. Pam, the receptionist at work gave me the beginnings of one verbally but I made it up as I went along.

Ingredients:

Canned tomato's (whole)
Canned Corn (whole kernel)
Canned Green beans
Fresh potatoes, carrots, and onions
basil seasoning
salt
pepper
celery salt
canned mixed veggies
Tomato juice
freshly grilled chicken with seasoning on it.

Yea, I know most of you probably can think of a million other things to put in it and you'd probably be right but I liked it. Jack ate it; he thought the juice of it was too tomatoey so he only ate the stuff in and skipped the liquid but I liked it. It was fun to try something and I have enough to freeze :) Hee

After cooking I watched TV and stated on my 2nd nieces scarf for Christmas; it's a simple garter stitch with some ribbon in it but hey I'm KNITTING and it feels good. My next challenge is going to be a hat with the yarn my pal gave me, but I need to get the Christamas gifts made up. Goodness thank about it - Christmas is coming soooo soon! Geez I gotta get shopping :)

Well, I'm going to bed to dream of bliss - GOD I feel good right now; almost hate to waste the feeling with sleep but I gotta work tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jana B said...

Knitting AND a Nora Roberts book???? No wonder you're feeling so good!!! LOL

Jae said...

You are obviously feeling a lighter load! Which Nora Roberts book? I like reading her stuff.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are getting some down time. I just finished up graduate school last spring and can understand the stress level. I hope you keep enjoying your break.

Nic said...

I'm just going to stick with knitting as my domestic skill

Anonymous said...

Wow, Knitting and a book! That is awesome!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...