Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Blessings

It's Sunday Morning - The Lord's Day. Of course everyday should be the Lord's day in our lives, but something about Sunday is special. Its the day that we go to church and spend time with him in a group setting. Jack and I haven't been to church in a while, we've tried a couple down here since we moved but haven't found the church home and honestly haven't been trying to hard. That changes today! We are going to try a church and keep trying till we find the one God leads us to. It may not be every week, but I'm determined and believe we need to find a church home. Not only for the obvious reason, God wants us to. But I need it - I need it to help me live the way I need to (not everyone needs the weekly reminder, I do) - I also need to make some friends down here and what better way than church?

I listened to the preacher of this church online last Sunday and liked his speaking style so we'll see :) I hope you have a church home and if not I encourage you to find one today. God loves you and sent his Son to die for our sins, so that we may live with him in Glory. There is no time like the present to accept him into your Life as your Lord and Saviour. Need some more information? Please leave a comment - I don't have all the answers, but I'll be glad to try and help you learn about Jesus and the sacrifice he has made for you.

On another note yesterday was an AWESOME day. You are not going to believe what I did pretty much ALL by myself (with lots of prayers)!

I replaced the mechanism inside of Mama's toilet! Glamourous huh??? Hee - Seriously, I got out the tools and fixed a toilet. Can you believe it? I still can't! Jack couldn't either. I ended up taking more apart than I had to so I did extra work and I had to get him to tighten 2 nuts I couldn't get tight enough but other than that I did it and it works!

We also got some other good work done in Mama's Apartment. Not as much as I had hoped but good stuff: Jack hung the chair rail in her bedroom, mostly fixed her table (it still needs a little work), I began the chair recovering project (1.5 chairs down), fixed her bed frame, fixed vent, fixed hvac filter... and had a good time with family :) Good day! Long day, tiring day, but AWESOME!

After church today we are treating ourselves to lunch out and then have some errands to do around town (shopping / library / etc). It's going to be a great day. I hope yours is wonderful and full of God's blessings. Till next time, God bless.


Food log below for those interested:

1/29/11

Breakfast
- French Toast (White Bread :( ) Mama cooked, I asked her to use Wheat next time, but dang it was good :)
- Bacon
- Coffee (3 cups) - Not following 2 cup rule on weekends. I have to have some treat :)

Lunch
- Left over soup - We still have enough for 2 bowls, I froze it - We'll see how it does.
- Cornbread
- Apple Juice

Dinner
- Taco Salad -> We used the hard corn tortillas, I'm not sure about the healthiness of this meal. I would think it's pretty good for you other than being red meat. Any body have idea?
- Apple Juice

Snack: Raisins

Water - I think I only got down 2. I did drink apple juice a bit during the day. It is a weekend.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...