Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Physical Assessment

Good Morning Blogland. I hope this day finds you full of joy!

I ran out of time yesterday and didn't get my daily blog in. I'm trying to be sure I log our progress in the food/health department as I need the reminder of what I am doing. Plus, I'm enjoying it - just hope I'm not boring blogland too much :)

Yesterday was good. Work was good, though a little scattered. We didn't have to be to the gym yesterday until 6 for our assessment so I had time to run an errand at Lowes between that and Work. -> Had to pick up an extra remote... By the way, as a side note we have a new remote for our fan in the bedroom. I know it sounds silly, a remote for the light /fan. Lord, it is such a blessing. If you don't have one - Pick one up today. It is so nice to cut the fan off before getting out of bed. I am loving it ... I had to pick up another one for the chandellier in our living room since there is no wall that goes to the switch. Yes I have a weird house :)

Anyway, just thought I'd share that, they aren't that expensive and I LOVE it!

We then went to the gym to meet our trainer. He measured us, taught us how to use the equipment and helped us develop a plan for us to really get started. Last week all we did was walk, but we will be adding weights this week and maybe a walking machine. I'm not sure how the machines will work because there are only 4 of them that I think work for Mama and we want to work out together so we may be on the track for the walking and then just push ourselves a bit more, I have a feeling getting two machines beside each other will be difficult... We will see.

Anyway, it was a good session, very informative and I'm not scared of the equipment anymore :) We also talked Nutrition some... He recommended moving from Hamburger to Turkey. I may give it a shot in some things... though I'm not 100% willing to give it up. I will go lean though :)

And with that I'll leave you with yesterday's food menu. It's Mama's week to cook so no new recipes from me, but I'll be trying some new ones next week, just got find which ones :) Have a great day blogland! May God bless and keep you as the day continues.

Breakfast

1/2 Grapefruit + 2 Pieces Raisen Bread
Coffee

Lunch

1/2 Left over Steak
Left over Steamed Veggies
1 Piece Wheat Bread
Sweat Tea

Snack: Grapes

Dinner
1 & 1/2 Tuna Fish Salad on Wheat Bread
Apple
Tea

Drinks - Limiting Coffee to 2 a day and drinking water except for meals. I think I managed 3 16 oz Deer Park's yesterday. Need to get to 4 to be recommended water intake. Going to try and keep better track of this for next few days.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...