Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Life Continues

My metamorphosis into who ever continues. I'm enjoying this, enjoying my life, enjoying the energy (though it is going down some) and loving my family.

God is good all the time isn't he?

Today I woke up, before my alarm and got out of bed. Me getting up before 30 minutes after my alarm goes off is unheard of. I've never been a morning person, but everyday this week I've been up in time to at least eat something before going to work and in some instances doing a chore or two. Loving it...

I got dressed and ate breakfast, started a load of cloths, unloaded the dishwasher, copied pics onto my computer and headed to the office. Work was productive and I got to come home for lunch where I did a couple more chores (folded cloths/started fresh load). Went back to work, got stuff done in a systematic manner and then went to walk for 45 minutes at the gym with Mama and Jack. Came home cooked dinner, played Scrabble with Mama and my brother and now I'm here talking to you... Yep good day overall. Productive and Blessed.

And in continuing with our food experiments / tracking I did try two new recipe's tonight (kinda).

Breakfast:
- Instant Oatmeal out of packet - *** - Not as healthy as the homemade one the other day, but quicker, made less and well tasty - 10 out of 10 for ease

Lunch
- Ham/Cheese Sandwich on Honey Oat Bread - *** - Super easy and tasty
- Left Over Salad - *****

Dinner
- Baked Chicken Marinated in Herb and Garlic Marinade - **** - Not really new on the baked chicken, but first time I've used the Marinade - Everyone really loved it, had good flavor.
- Green Beans (canned) with Fresh Squash - **** - Not new but super easy and healthy.
- Apple Glazed Sweet Potato's - ** - Flavor was ok for me and Mama, but Jack doesn't like Sweet Potato's so he was a no go. It wasn't hard to make, though it took longer than it said it would to cook and cutting raw sweet potato's into thin slices is not easy by no mean - Ease to Make due to cutting on this would be 6 out of 10 to me, everything else was pretty easy.
- Bread and Lite Margarine - *****

Overall Ease of Dinner - 4 out of 10 - I'll do almost all of it again, though I don't think the Sweet Potato dish will go in my file to be made again. Live and learn, but fairly healthy meal overall (I hope).

Hee - I'm enjoying this cooking process. It's fun to play, tomorrow is a simple soup that I've made before, but it's healthy and I can make enough of it to last into the weekend :)

Thanks for reading my ramble blog friends. May God bless and keep you this evening and for the days to come. Have a terrific night - Love you.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...