Monday, January 31, 2011

The Day

Well, this is the first day since the new me that I can say it wasn't perfect. But with The Lord's help I think I handled myself OK. A lady at work made it a point to let my manager know about something that I forwarded to her late, of course my manager knows how behind I am - I've made sure of that so she handled it for me. But it was this person's only intent to get me in trouble. The item I forwarded her was a documentation email only, nothing critical. I'll admit it upset me and it took some serious will power and God's help not to loose my cool completely. But a preacher I heard recently, or maybe it was a journal I read, not sure said that if someone is pushing your buttons and you start praying for them your frustration will lesson. I did it and you know what, it wasn't instant, but I can think about it now and just feel pity for her. I'm still a little peeved, but with the grace of God I'm not mad. It is what it is :)

The second thing that happened today and I need your prayers... I decided to go to Sam's to return something before I went to the gym. Somewhere between the car and the membership desk I lost my keys. After an extensive search I still have not found them. Please pray someone finds them and calls me (my # is on them) or turns them in at Sam's. It has so many keys on it, some of which are expensive to replace. Please say a prayer... God is good, hopefully he will find it pleasing/fit to return my keys to me.

So... Jack was nice enough to go home and get the spare, bring it to me and then we went to the gym. We only walked 30 minutes to getting there late, but we did a little over 2 miles - so while it wasn't our normal 40 at least we got something in.

We then came home and I tried out a new successful recipe. Food log for the day is below. I highly recommend dinner and breakfast :)

And with that I'll leave you for the evening and watch this movie. Have a dynamite and blessed evening.

Breakfast
- Piece of Orange / Blueberry Bread I talked about yesterday. Loved this for breakfast - Super, Super Yummy!

Lunch
- I took the chicken from yesterday, put some herb & garlic marinade on it and heated it up in a skillet, gave it some flavor :) **** - Ease 8 of 10
- Left over Zucchini Saute
- Left over Veggies from the Chicken Dish
- Sweet Tea

Dinner
- Shrimp, Sweet Corn and New Potato Boil - Everyone loved this dish! 5 Stars! Ease 3 out of 10. I did use real potato's and red potato's. I cooked the potatoes about 15 minutes before I added the corn and then started following the recipe. I was afraid since I changed the tater up that they wouldn't get done in the time the recipe called for...
- Salad, always a winner.
- Left over Zucchini Saute
- Left over Veggies from Chicken Dish
- Bread

This dish also made about just the right amount for 3, we only had about 1 leftover dish.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...