Monday, January 17, 2011

Energy / Health Foodie / LIfe is Great

The past few days have been incredible / amazing / productive / etc...

I'm not sure if it is the steroids the Dr. has me on, the food choices or the exercise, but I have had more energy in the past few days than I think I have had in my life and I'm loving it. The odd thing is I've had less sleep than ever as well - so odd.

Thursday night, as you know from my rambling I was up in till 4 AM, but despite that Friday was a terrific day. I got so much done at work (a productive/successful day), then came home and made the first "healthy" meal of our new life. If is not exactly like we ate super unhealthy before, just trying to be more focused at this point about it. I have never been the super "fry" everything cook or anything, but I'm trying to cook in more healthy oils / with more concentration on veggies / fruit snacks and etc...

But I digress - over the next few days I hope you don't mind if this turns into a bit of a food blog. I want to use this to track what recipes work / what doesn't etc.. So you ready ?

1/15

Dinner
-Flounder: Marinated in Cajun Sauce - NO (bland/too fishy)
-Frozen Brocolli with Cheese - *** - Good but I need to learn the cheese better (it got hard)
- Salad - ***** - Can never go wrong here, though I probably need to check the dressings we use to make sure they are good for us. But Rome was not built in a day.

Ease to Make 3 out of 10

1/16

Breakfast
-Strawberry Pancakes - * -Pancakes are good, but you can't cook the strawberries inside of them. it has to be a topper.
-Bacon - Microwaved - ***** -Not too healthy, but I got most of the greese off and well just yummy.

Ease to Make - 6 out of 10

Dinner
-Zesty Chicken Salsa - **** - Good Flavor in the Chicken -Jack liked salsa topping (said he could eat it as a salad in itself), maybe add a bit more lime next time/or let it mix flavors longer.

-Field Peas out of Can - *** - Love these
-Biscuits (canned) - *** - not too healthy, but I love them
-Salad - *****

Ease to Make 3 out of 10

1/17

Breakfast
-Apple Oatmeal (with fresh apples)- * - Makes way too much (would need to cut recipe in 1/3) - Not sweet enough - which it wouldn't be since it's healthy, but the flavor didn't do it for me - Took too long to make for breakfast

Ease to Make 5 out of 5 (not hard just too much time for breakfast)

Lunch
-Left overs from 1/16.

Dinner
-Tomato Basil Chicken - **** - Need to only cook the pasta amt required in the recipe vs. winging it and making way too much - Need to use 3 tomatos vs. 2 as there needed to be more pasta that way you can really drown the pasta a bit/help the flavors mix. But I liked the salsa flavor.

- Salad - *****
- English Peas out of Can - ***
- Pumpernickle Bread - *****

Ease to Cook - 5 of 10

Well that is the cooking segment for today, but that is not everything. Remember I told you this weekend was productive.

Friday Mama and I went shopping for this "healthy food spree". I had to go back and buy new basics as the oils / marinades / spices are all different from what I normally buy and who help you better learn how to shop for groceries than your Mother. Something I never really did with her before it was kinda cool.

Saturday Mama and I spent several hours shopping - finding and marking stuff off the list that I made Thursday night.

- Door Bells for the house
- Fabric for Curtains upstairs (57 for fabric vs. 40 for one panel (I need 8 panels)-WIN
- Puzzle Board / Puzzle Board Cover
- Lowes Run
- Spice Racks
- Helped Jack get Insullation to Dump

Jack also was productive:

- Organized his shop some more
- Carried A bunch of stuff to Building
- Loaded 2nd Load of Insullation

Sunday Mama and I went shopping for a few more things that I didn't get to on Sat.

- New Coffee Pot (Keurig 1450)
- Got some organizational baskets for spices
- Target Run

I also got all of this shopping accomplished plus some more:

- Kitchen Reorganized
- Washed Place Mats (got them ready to iron)
- Washed Odd House Stuff (extra linens / etc..)
- Cleaned up the shopping spree
- Reviewed recipes / rated them / planned rest of week
- Organized Laundry Room a bit

We attempted to watch a move "dinner for Schmucks" - I do not recommend at all. We actually cut it off before it got even 1/2 way through. We then wente to bed at 10:30, but I did not fall asleep until 4ish - again. Yet again today was great.

- I got a ton of work done / very focused / productive.
- We went to work out - Walked 45 Min - 2.5 MM
- Went and exchanged spice rack
- Bought Mama "magic jack"
- Cooked Dinner
- Cloths are layed out for tomorrow
- Work out cloths ready
- Washed a load of cloths
- Boiled Eggs for tomorrow's lunch (tuna / noodle salad - using left over noodles from dinner)

It's 10:30 and I am beginning to get tired. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight - I'm loving this energy level. If it is the steroids, hopefully by time I stop taking them, the workout, food will have kicked in and I can continue this. I'm just loving it...

On a unfortunate note I do need prayers for the following:

- Lady I work with husband had to go the hospital today. Pray that God will bring his healing hand to him and his calming hand to her.
- My pastor's wife (Linda's) mother is having some health issues (Cancer). Please keep her in your prayers.
- Another lady I work with has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

Please keep these three in your prayers / thoughts.

God Bless You and Thank you for listening once again to this ramble/list/push into the void. Love you friends - God Bless!

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...