Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hello

Well, it looks like I took a break from blogging...I mean dang it's been a little while. Life is good here - I had last week off of school and it was nice. It was nice not to have to worry about the next assignment and just to be able to come home and sit! Things are still pretty busy though...but such is life. Other than that and going to Emeril's life has been pretty boring. No knitting, no scrapbooking, no constructive project - just work, reading, tv and more work. LOL. School starts back this week.....that's all I'll say about that.

I bet you're wondering about Emeril's. It's this very fancy restaurant in Buckhead that we went to for my sister-in-law's birthday. It was wonderful. Let me detail my meal for you.... Calamari, Bread and cheese (I think my favorite course), bite of smoked fish on a piece of dried toast (I think it was salmon), steak (Not my favorite) and homemade serbet icecreams that were yum yum! I also had some of Lotus Knits brownie, omg that thing was rich but it was good. Overall we had a great time and the service was impeccable. I loved it. We then went to Borders where Lotus Knits and I both got books to plan our upcoming trip down the CA coast (May) .... its going to be so much fun.

On another note I'm a tad bit frustrated with Jacks mother ... I have to step back and remember that his family is not my family and that we function inherently different. His family it is acceptable to go 6 months to a year without seeing or speaking to one another; in my family if I don't talk to my mother at least every week or so something is wrong! His mother works retail as a manager and she claims to "have" to work 60 to 70 hours a week, but in truth she is a work acholic... She won't be coming to Jack's Birthday dinner that I may or may not throw. She supposedly has to work "10:30 am to 1:30 am" ... I won't comment on that. What I will say is that this is not what upset me, this reignited the fact that she did not join us for dinner a couple of months ago when we were in the parking lot of her store and she got off at 4:00 but was still working at 7:30 and "couldn't" leave for an hour to come have dinner with us.... Its not that she couldn't, the store would not fall apart without her, it was that she puts the job in front of her family and guess what... her store will not be there for her when she is old and needs help... Grrrr.. I know not my family and I just need to take a step back but it just pisses me off.

And now that I am on my rampage let me tell you that I work for a bullshit company and an asshole of a man who thinks I'm stupid....what does he think CTU is just handing me a MBA because I look good? This past pay period I worked 86 hours; I'm not on salary by choice because I don't want to have to worry if I'm 30 minutes late or what ever... I just get paid for what I work and that's that. I like it. Well anyway I ended up working 86 hours... I've only worked over one time since I started with my company in January. So last pay period we're really swamped... and it required me to work over and he had the nerve to ask me to change my time sheet which I'm not going to do; it's a federal offense for him to change it (something he probably doesn't know I'm aware of ). He then insults my intelligence further by telling me that the IRS will get on to him if we work overtime.... No, not if you pay me the required time and 1/2! Hell, people work overtime every day - my mother worked for the damn government and they asked her to work over three or four months a year for weeks at a time, but they paid her! You know I really wouldn't mind going salary if my company truly offered salary, but the offer hey your 30 minutes late you have to make that time up...but 6 months ago you worked 50 hours a week for two months straight and you get nothing for that. I don't think so! They can kiss my lily white ass!

Well, enough rants for one day. I've got to get moving. My SP9 questionnaire will be up this week sometime. I'm excited about this round! Have a good day everyone!

3 comments:

Manny said...

Hey Mylerna, good to see you blog.

I feel bad for your mom-in-law. Shes missing out on good family time. I guess we all got our own hang-ups/sins whatever. Some drink too much, some smoke, some are workaholics etc. Maybee go to a card shop, and send her a REALLY emotional card?

As for your boss; sounds like a greedy sob. Make sure he literally doesnt steal from you. You earned the overtime money.

Mylerna said...

Dang spammers.. have cut on word verification to prevent this in future.

Anonymous said...

Hi, from your new Secret Pal for Secret Pal 9. I look forward to seeing your questionnaire and I hope you week starts being less stressful.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...