Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rockin Secret Pal

I got home tonight at 9:58; 2 minutes before my 10 pm group meeting for school and what do I find waiting for me just inside the door??? You guessed correctly it was my a package from my secret pal 9 and it was GREAT!!!! It really brightened a very tiresome day! Thank you secret pal! Oh, all of the other people out there want to know what I got.... hmm should I share or keep the goodies to myself??? (pondering......)

Ok, ok you twisted my arm, but I can't share pics till tomorrow :( I got this great burgundy yarn (Yes Melanie she read my mind and my obsession with reddish yarn)! It's a dark barn red and I just love it! 2 skeins are from Jo Sharp and another from Valley Yarns; they all fill so yummy! Then I got a pez dispenser and loads of pez! I know your jealous! I had forgotten how good this stuff was - no wonder kids eat it up! I also got (I know it keeps going - told you she rocked) the Summer 06 copy of interweave knits. It has some pretty neat patterns; I saw a shirt I may try. The sp recommended a hat that I think would look great on Mel, I might have to get the needles out! She sent a cute butterfly card with it! The card gave me ideas for the yarn, I think I may try that cable hat in Stichin Bitch you recommended; I need to give cables a try and that would be a good project to start with. Thanks for the recommendations; my biggest obstacle is figuring out what I want to make 1/2 the time! THANK YOU BUNCHES! This was great! (for those drooling - pics will follow tomorrow so you can drool some more) .

Good night blogland!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad you like your package. My favorite colors to knit with are the same as you listed (reds, autumn colors, and pinks), so it was easy to shop for that first package...I just looked for things that I would like. Seems like it worked!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...