Thursday, November 02, 2006

Good News / Bad News / No News

Well, it hasn't been terribly exciting for me lately (until Yesterday that is) but everything has been trucking along. I've been enjoying my break from school with a lot of TV, some knitting and some reading. Next week my next class begins and to be honest with you I'm ready - ready to get it all over with and graduate. I hate myself for postponing the graduation, but I needed the break. God knows I was two steps away from crazy!

Work is good; just trucking along. To be honest I don't apply myself here like I should and I could do alot better, but they get what they pay for. I'm about $15K to $25K underpaid if you compared my salary to others in the region for what I do... that being said I took this job as a temporary fix to figure out what I needed/wanted to do with my life. The salary is really starting to hurt though and as you've read in other post I'm not exceptionally pleased with my place of employment (who really is) ... I love what I do but I drive to far, am underpaid, and the owner of the establishment is extremely cheap which only adds frustration to everyone here. That being said I got a call yesterday from a very large agency in Atlanta and have an interview with them on Monday. It would be at least a $20K raise and it's about 1/2 the distance from my house. The benefits are amazing (401K, health, dental, lots of holidays, vacation and etc...). I have very few holidays, only get 2 weeks vacation here (no matter how long you work), I get reimbursed for crappy health care, have no dental, no 401K or retirement and drive 46 miles one way! I'd be stupid to turn down the new job if they offer - Wish me luck on Monday!!! I really need the salary and believe I would be a good fit!

I woke up this morning with a migraine; I get them every now and then and I'm more prone to them when my allergies act up. It's still sitting behind my eyes but has subsided for now - hopefully it will go away completely.

Well, back to work for me I guess. Have a great day everyone.

2 comments:

Nic said...

I will send positive thoughts for you on Monday!

Jae said...

Wishing you lots of good fortune for Monday! Hope the migraine goes away. I get those as well and can sympathize.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...