Monday, February 27, 2006

Procrastination

Yes, I'm the queen of procrastination...it should be my middle name. Yep, you guessed it I have an assignment due in a few hours that I have not even looked at. Sad I know, but I'll get it done - I hope. I really have zero desire to work on it, man where is my drive? My will?

On the other hand my bag is currently drying. It has been felted - a process my husband almost didn't live thru. OMG I have to tell you - those who have forgetful husbands will completely understand my frustration; if you don't just wait you'll have your day. I decided yesterday that the bag had been sitting long enough so I put it in the pillowcase and wash it with a load of cloths. Knowing that my husband has a habit of getting to the cloths in the wash before I do I told him not once, not twice but 3 times that my bag was in the wash and NOT to put it in the dryer. Thus, when I went in the laundry room later to get my bag and see if it needed to go thru another round of laundry it was no where to be found. So I glance at the dryer and start cussing...yep, there it was. Luckily it had not dried all the way and I think it's ok, but he got an earful. I rewashed it...better safe than sorry and it is currently blocking. I hope it's ok. The edges seem to curl at the top. Mel, are they supposed to do that?

Well, anyway one project almost done. My relaxing scarf is coming along :) nice easy knits, but its what I need right now. Actually its extremely wide so it will probably end up being more of a shawl than a scarf but I like it :)

Mama's surgery is Wednesday. She has to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM, yep you heard right AM!!! Which means we have to get up and leave her house no later than 4:30 - shoot me! I doubt I will blog tomorrow night (since I'll be at her house) and I don't know if I'll make it Wed but I'll let you know as soon as possible how things go - please keep us in your prayers.

Well, guess I'll have to get this assignment done now or maybe I'll just go to bed and worry about it later. I know total cop out, but it may go down that way.

Sleep well dear world. May the Lord bless you and your family.

2 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Not sure why your edges are rolling at on your bag. What are you using to block with? I put mine upside down on a little square box and let it dry that way. If after it's dry and still curling, wet the edges and use a few pins to tack it down on the inside and see if that straightens it out.

:)

LotusKnits said...

Oh! God I have such a one track mind sometimes!

Grats to Jack on his degree!!

My thoughts are with your mom this week. *big hugs*

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...