Sunday, February 05, 2006

Marriage

Marriage - it has it's days where one spouse drives the other to the point of insanity then it has days where you are reminded why you are married in the first place. Today is the latter and I can't really tell you why. It's not one thing he has done or anything like that; it's just a good day. Waking up and wondering into the living room thankful he was nice enough not to wake me when he got up, sitting on the couch watching television with Sox curled between us purring like a freight train, yanking him down on the bed to hug me before he wandered back up stairs, coming upstairs to see him working on my computer because it wasn't performing as well as he thought it should.... My husband is well mine and I love him with everything I am. He brightens my days and reminds me of why I am here. I'm here to live and to love - that is my purpose on this earth. I'm sure other things will come that I am intended to do but all of us are here to live and love; if we all remember that maybe the world would be a better place.

Speaking of better places I heard the greatest song the other day on the radio. I'm trying desperately to find a copy of it, but I don't know who sings it. It is a new song and I believe it was called Good Times. The song was about what if the news was filled with good stories; such as 1.3 million students woke up, ate breakfast and went to school with no fatalities... It was great!

Other than my deep thoughts of life and marriage my day has been well uneventful. I got up at 2, yes 2 :) Then I watched TV and now I'm blogging. Yes, that is all I have done today. Friday I came home and finished my assignment, one more due tomorrow and this class is over. Yesterday we got our taxes filed and came home - we are getting enough back to pay for the new heating and air unit we now have to buy so Woot! God is looking after us this year. I also got a great card from my secret pal yesterday. I would post a pic but my husband has my computer torn apart, but it was great. Very sweet and thoughtful - thank you!!!

Also, my knitting mentor, Lotusknits, informed me that the picture of my bag I had posted was inside out, LOL. I'll repost a picture of it. The I-cord is coming along. I have to back track on it some as I was working on it in the tax office yesterday and I did not tighten my stiches enough, but it's coming along. Work is good; I really think this place and I are going to be a good fit for each other. Life is actually good right now and that's a great feeling!

Have a great Sunday everyone. I hope something good happens to each of you today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your gift!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...