Sunday, February 19, 2006

Slacker

I know I've been slacking on my blogging - sorry!!! I know you are all dying to know what I have been up to, to see pics of the wonderful gifts from my secret pal and just to hear from me :) Tee Hee. Well, here goes:

Thursday I took the day off and took Mama to have her biopsy done. I spent the night with her Wednesday night and we were at the hospital Thursday at 9:30 am. She was not allowed to eat anything after 12 am the night before so as you can imagine she was pretty hungry and thirsty. The hospital had some type of emergency come before her so they did not take her back to have the biopsy done until right at noon. By this time she was starving...I do have to say though that the hospital staff was extremly professional and kept us in the loop. You could tell they felt sorry for the fact she was so hungry. At noon they took her back and I moved to another waiting area...during this entire waiting process I have been working on a simple scarf using regular knit stitches :) very relaxing and something to fill the time with. In the new waiting room a lady tells me she would love to learn so I began showing her the basics...about the time we get really indepth in the conversation they roll Mama out. Sorry I couldn't show her more, she was really nice. Mama was out like a light - she was moved to recovery and I followed to wait in yet another waiting room. They then called me on the waiting room phone to come back. She was in high sprits, eating and ready to go home. We had to wait at least two hours before they would release her so both of us took a nap :) I tell you those are the most uncomfortable chairs to sleep on...LOL. She is home now and the results from the biopsy should be in tomorrow, but the doc is fairly positive it's cancer. The good news is that it is really small and they believe they can get it all with surgery. She will then be in the hospital for about 5 days and on bed rest another 5, which she will hate, but ah well...

I did get about 1/3 of the scarf done. I'll finish it up while watching TV over the next couple of weeks. The bag is knitted and I need to felt it - which means I need to wash cloths - which I need to do anyway.... I should get it done this week - assuming I'm not as lazy as I was last week. I don't guess I was lazy just tired, I'm having trouble adjusting to the new sleep schedule this job requires. I have to get up at 5:30 am (I am not a morning person) - so by time I get home I'm just exhausted. All I want to do is sleep, it is all I can do to stay awake while driving...I have to make phone calls to stay up. I need to go to bed earlier, which is hard for me. I'll figure it out...I really like my new job!

Now for the moment you have all been sitting on the edge of your seats for - my wonderful secret pal gift :) It came Wednesay night while I was at Mama's - my husband called to let me know I had a package so I had an entire day of suspense knowing I couldn't get to it to rip it open. My pal Rocks - what else can I say ? Other than thank you a gizzelion times over :)




If you can't see I got two skeins fo beautiful Aurora yarn, a pair of really cute butterfly needles, a book mark with dolphins and a butterfly (my favorite animals), a knitting pocket guide and a cute card :) Thanks pal - you Rock!
I need suggestions on what to make with the yarn - something fun.....

Well, I'm off to do something crafty. Maybe I'll scrapbook, I haven't done that in a while or maybe I'll just play EQ or take a nap - Either way I'm up for enjoying my Sunday and I hope you do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your gift!

Andy said...

I hope whatever happens with your mom is a simple procedure. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...