Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Inspiration

Tonight I think I may have gotten my knitting mojo back. I went to have dinner with Lotus Knits; who is btw one of my favorite people in the world and of course we had to go to the knitting store! I got my Secret pal some gifties :) and I couldn't leave with out this great funky yarn (pic tomorrow - I'm too lazy to go downstairs). I think it is scarf bound or maybe a shawl....hmmm

Well, anyway back to my inspiration, other than all the lovely yarn, knitting books and nice people, I took my swatch (the blanket) to Lotus and she said a smaller needle may be in order - I was right! woot. I'm going to bind the swatch I have and wash/dry it first to see how it does but I think I'll have to go down in size. I actually got something right when it came to knitting - I should have called her sooner, but....ah well.

We also talked about doing some cool stuff like the botanical gardens in Athens and this great restaurant in Atlanta! I'm so glad she moved back to where we can do stuff; still an hour drive but man it's so much closer and it's good to have a girlfriend who I seem to have alot in common with that I can see and talk to who isn't in another state. No offense to my online buddies! She's family so she probably puts up with me because of that but I love her for it :) tee hee

Well, I really need to be doing an assignment that may or not be completed tonight. Oh, speaking of assignments there is this girl in my group assignment that is totally pissing me off. She seems to want to play dictator. I sent her a really nice email to try and tell her the shut the ---- up ... we shall see if it came across appropriately. Let me know your opinion - was I too bitchy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may be the only one and if so I'm sorry but the attitude you have taken toward this project is slightly rubbing me the wrong way. I will get my part done and I will communicate with group members but I don't appreciate being told by someone what to do and when to do it. If I would have known this group had elected a "leader" to dictate how things were done I would have not joined it. Lines such as "If choices are not made within a timely manner, I will assign an individual barrier to you" and telling me that I must check discussion board daily and etc... just rubs me wrong.

I want us to be a team and communicate clearly so I thought I would share my frustration openly so that we could proceed forward together.

Respectfully,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, I'm off to work on it and drool over my yarn! I wish you dreams of fluffy clouds made of soft yarn :)

5 comments:

Manny said...

well theres no easy way to say something like that.

Some personalitys are like Tank; and there are times when you have to let them know that your not going to be a Welcome Matt to get steped on.

Confrontation can be difficult but necessary sometimes. I suggest talking to her face to face.

Mylerna said...

Not possible to speak to her in person as it is an online class; I think she lives in CA

Andy said...

Re: Your Post...
Yes, your Amanda and she wants to know when we all can go to Six Flags again.

Andy said...

Online you say? The easier to flame her then...in a professional way.

LotusKnits said...

I'm glad to be closer to you too! <3

Let me know how your swatch turns out! Don't forget to measure it before washing and then again after. And pics, we need drooly yummy yarn pics.

Great letter to your 'leader' by the way. Can't wait to read the catty reply!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...