Friday, July 07, 2006

General Tidbits

Well, it's been a while since I really blogged and I'm sure you all are wondering what I've been up to. No you haven't? Well, too bad because I'm updating you anyway :)

I've been extremely lethargic - why you ask? I have no clue, probably because I need to get off my ass and do some exercise instead of sit in front of the computer or on the couch all the time. I have a doc appt today for my annual physical - I'm sure she will agree with the above diagnosis, but ... No buts I need to get off my ass and do something - will I? Probably not.

School is getting ramped back up. The next four courses are about project management and they are all 5 hour courses crammed into 5 1/2 weeks so I'll be really busy. I think I'll enjoy the subject matter though. When I'm done I'll have a graduate certificate in project management and if I went and got some on the job training I could become a certified project manager. Will I? I'm not sure. My mind is circling around the idea of going and finding a beginners position in an event planning firm; learn everything I can - get some contacts built up - maybe take some classes on etiquette and etc... and then start my own business (Extreme long term goal there). I don't know. It's a big leap to change careers but I might as well do it now while I'm still young. But then there are all the doubts will someone hire me with zero experience? Will they pay me what I need to survive? I want to go up in salary upon getting my MBA not down...but I may have to go down if I take this leap. Just some ideas roaming around in my head. I mean I would have training - what is an event other than a project? What does everyone think? Does anyone know anyone in event planning that could give me some advice?

Monday is my birthday. I'll be 25 - a 1/4 of a century old and I'll finally be able to rent a car without a surcharge. LOL, something to look forward too huh? People keep asking me what I want and honestly I have no idea. I have more scrapbooking stuff than I can use now (I really need to do some pages)...I have yarn but haven't' really been knitting. The blanket I want to make hasn't gotten past swatching. I really just can't get in the groove of it. I hate to purl and the pattern is knit two purl two. And the swatch just seems loose to me; I wouldn't want a blanket with that loose of a stitch. Maybe I need to change needle size, but what do I know. My inspiration has taken a vacation.

EQII on the other hand is coming back for me. I've been in a couple really good groups lately and have had a good time. Yes, I should be doing something more constructive with my time but I enjoy it so ...

We are taking a day trip tomorrow to the "little grand canyon" in GA and to a wildlife reserve. It is about a 3 hour drive and I can't wait. We are packing a picnic lunch/dinner and off we go...low cost and out of the dang house away from those 4 walls. I can't wait. I should clean the house before we go but I have an assignment due tonight so that probably will not get done. Do I care? Yes but not enough to clean it...what does that say about me? I'm not sure but it's something to contemplate.

I find I really like the my space thing and it is addictive. I've found and am chatting with several people from high school; it's really neat to see where peoples lives have gone and the paths they have chosen.

Well, I really need to get to work. I hope everyone has a good day!

2 comments:

Manny said...

I can relate to the battle of being lathargic, just have to move around, maybe go for a walk.

never heard of a Purl lol.

Chosing a job choice can be very tough. Just take a fork in the road and dont burn any bridges. :-)

LotusKnits said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

<3
mel

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...