Monday, July 10, 2006

Birthday

Today was my birthday and it was a good one. It's hard to believe I'm 25; though not old to most it is still hard to believe that I've been on this earth that long. It's hard to believe that I've been out of high school 7 years, that I've been dating Jack for 5 years, married to him for 2, that I'm old enough to rent a car without a penalty! Triple woot on that one. It's just hard to believe.

So I know you want to know about my birthday goodies :) Well, Saturday we went on a little day trip that I will detail more thoroughly (with pics) at a later date. It was fun and well worth the drive, my mother is crazy and I love her, but that is another story all together. I mention the day trip only to point out that Jack and I had discussed that this trip would be my birthday present. And while I secretly hoped for a little something from him I didn't think I would get it. Well, he is a great man and I love him :) He came home today and I heard him come in but he didn't come upstairs so after about 15 min I went lookin for him. I found him outside hooking up my new XM radio in my car! It's so cool! It can go out of my car and be played in the house or at work! I just love it. Then I came in and walked right past the other part of my present without even noticing it (idiot I know)! He got me roses and a card! So sweet. I love him bunches and bunches! Then he took me out to dinner at my fav restaurant! It was cool and really made my day.

The people at work also made it a special day for me. The receptionist who I have referenced in another post made me a cake, which made me feel slightly guilty about said post, but then again not! They office also pitched in and got me a goodie bag! It had this cute pink shirt, some adorable greeting cards, big fat pens because I'm always looking for my "special" pen and a card then they took me out to lunch. It was really nice and made me feel liked!

I also go some calls / comments from Amanda, Jean, Lotus Knits, Andy and my mother left this cute song on my voicemail! And Jae was sweet enough to send me this great e-card! Like I said overall it was a great day!

See you later blogland! I hope you had a great day as well.

2 comments:

LotusKnits said...

YAY! I'm glad your birthday was so nice!

Nate and I have Sirius and we love it b/c it does the same things XM will. Hope you enjoy. I never listen to the radio since we got it, unless I have to.

Jae said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Just like birthdays should be. :)

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...