Friday, May 15, 2009

Too Many Fracking Pictures

I have come to the realization that I take too many fracking pictures. I was sorting thru and rating my pictures from our Savannah trip and it just hit me. Do I need 5 shots of the same thing, I mean seriously?

The photographer in me shouts:

"HELL YES you need them. You take 100 to get that one perfect shot"

but then the pragmatist in me says:

"yes, you would need them if you changed the angle or messed with the settings on the camera or did anything different between the shots but you take at least two "just to be safe"! You have a digital camera idiot - look at it. "

So I'm going to try and begin to really think about the quality of the shot vs. just shooting multiple times and hoping for a victory. I know I know - it's not why I shoot. I shoot to have fun and to find that perfect picture thru my viewfinder, but the chance of me finding it will increase if I don't spend 2 hours going thru 400 pictures for a 1.5 day trip. That being said... Alaska is coming up - no telling how many pictures that will end up with.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...