Saturday, May 30, 2009

Alaska Day 4

Day 4 – May 25, 2009

This morning we got up early and had breakfast in the room. The view was astonishing with the snow capped mountains appearing to float on clouds – I got some shots, but I think they will be washed out w/ the lighting. But I took them. Afterwards we got dressed and explored the ship a bit looking for a good spot to look off the front and/or back of the boat. We found one but man it was freezing with the wind blowing so we didn’t stay long.

We then came back to the room and at this point I will admit the boredom is setting in. I’m used to vacations where you go, go, go and this relaxing while watching the scenery going by is driving me crazy. You can only take so many pictures of mountains. I sit here now and watch the snow capped mountains as we drive by them and can appreciate their beauty – they are impressive – rising out of the sea majestically, but I want to be exploring. The events on the ship are numerous but … I don’t want to play bingo or go to another ballroom class so Jack and I can get mad at each other. I have books and Jack is enjoying his, but the desire to read is non-existent. I want to be going… exploring … seeing something new all the time. Don’t get me wrong – I love the view – it’s amazing! I just want to be more up close and personal. Maybe the glacier viewing this afternoon will cure me of this sudden melancholy.

Off to drum up something to do – chat with you later.

Day 4 – May 25, 2009 Continued

Ok, boredom gone – OMG! We saw Hubbard glacier today and would never have seen it if not on a cruise. We got within one Nautical mile and were near it for a good hour to an hour and ½ of picture taking. The site is breathless! Not to mention the fact our ship was surrounded by chunks of ice – it was actually a little scary. No idea how many pictures I took – hundreds I would imagine. As we drive out of the glacier area now I sit awe struck by the view outside… if you want to feel small and realize the grandness of our earth this is the place to be! Just OMG WOW - This is the definition of majestic.

Just as a side note – Mama and I went to play word trivia earlier – we did pretty well. It was something to do J Time now for rest – I want to dance tonight – Jack get ready for some tequila, hee.

After our nap we went down to see the show with the dancers and singers. It was 50 and 60’s music compiled into a show and it was entertaining. Afterwards Jack and I went to dinner and dancing. We had a good time and got to use some of our ballroom dancing classes. We then called it a night.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...