Saturday, May 30, 2009

Alaska Day 7

Day 7 – May 28, 2009

We slept extremely late this am getting up around Noon. It is now 1 PM and we are packing the suitcases to put out by the door tonight. We are supposed to arrive at Victoria, British Columbia at 4 pm and are going on one of the excursions. This time tomorrow we will be on a plane.

Our visit to Victoria was really nice. We were given a bus tour of the city and the driver gave us some of the local color as we drove. The town was beautiful – it reminded me of St. Simon’s Georgia. The weather was great and the general atmosphere was just nice. We went and saw Craigdarroch Castle. The woodwork was amazing and it was HUGE! The stain glass was also beautiful… though I’d hate to have been the maid. I can’t imagine cleaning that thing.

On our way back to the ship we passed the museum and the legislative buildings – they were also gorgeous. I wish we would have had more time in port as I would have loved to explore this town some more. But we did not so we went back to the ship and got ready for dinner. It was our last dinner in the dining room and we ate with a nice couple that was too late to eat at their assigned early seating. They were from MS and were really nice although eating w/ strangers did make me a bit nervous. We then went to see the final variety show which was ok … and last but not least we went to bed.

One thing I will say about Celebrity – they treat you pretty good while on board but once it’s time for you to go they are kicking you off the boat w/ no niceness what so ever. They already had robes in the closet for the next guest and sheets sitting out in our room to replace ours the next AM. Our fruit bowl, which I was still eating from, was taken away when he did his evening cleaning. We just felt, or at least I felt rushed. I really came close to putting on the robes just to piss them off.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...