Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blah, Vacation and other Tidbits

I know your wondering where your vacation tidbits are and where I've been. Your all on the edge of your seat (Sarcasm at Work here - just in case you were taking me seriously :) ) Well, I wish I had a good excuse but to be honest I don't. I've just been blah. It hit me Monday like a ton of bricks, this overwhelming sense of blah. I didn't want to get off the couch to surf the net, play eq or even read. I just sat and channel surfed - sad I know. I even went for 3 days without really reading my favorite blogs or checking my email. But I'm back for however long it last and it feels good.

The bag I was working on in Scotland is virtually done; just have to do the I-cord, felt it and a bag exist. I think I may try this one next... Musique & Iceland Felted Bag Or maybe start a blanket for my Mama's Christmas present. Or.... well heck I don't know what I'm going to do, but you can bet it will be cool :) LOL

School is progressing. I still have one overdue assignment and I have one due tonight but it's progressing. Must get Motivated! The bills are paid, but spending money is short, No vacation pay for Scotland because I have not been their 6 months so I'll be hurting for a month or so, but I budgeted bills accordingly. The trip was worth it!. Life is good and the blahs are passing :)

In a couple of weeks the VOV guild will be here. My house still needs alot of work, but I can't wait for them to come and to meet everyone.

So that's all my boring tidbits for now - More of Scotland below :)

Journal Written Tuesday 5/15/06

Well, I forgot to write about yesterday so we will discuss it first.

Summary of Monday 5/15/06

We began the day in Bolton where we headed into the lake district of Scotland; or actually I believe it was still England. We saw Lake Windermere and saw a small piece of Hadrians Wall. There area had a tremendous view and this great old oak tree.



Then we reboarded the bus and headed fro Greta Green; the first town across the Scottish border. It was where the English ran to elope because the laws were less. It was a quaint little town.





Oh, but I forgot we went to Grasmere before Greta Green. Grasmere was pretty. It is where WilliamWadsworthh is buried. The tombstones in the grave yard were almost 6 ft. It was cool.



So I digress after Greta Green we drove into what is called the Lowland Hill area. It is just that filled with small hills and sheep are everywhere. ItÂ’s great. We then arrived in Glasgow, after sitting in some bad traffic. Glasgow is just another city to me. It did not grab my interest so we relaxed a good part of the afternoon.

((Journal sidenote- this is a pic of me getting a pic from the hotel window in Glasgow...I'm a good 4 feet off the ground standing in the window seal :) tee hee ))

Tuesday's Summary ... rest of this journal to follow tomorrow. Have a good night blogland.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...