Sunday, May 28, 2006

Vacation Day 2

Journal Written Morning of May 15, 2006

Well, I was too tired to write last night but we had a great day. We spent the day traveling by bus up the English countryside.

(pic of Kanola that is used to make Kanola Oil)

We stopped by Stratford Upon Avon and spent a couple of hours. This is the birthplace of Shakespeare. The buildings are very old looking and unique. It was wonderful. We then sat and ate a BLT, which turned out to have ham on it instead of Bacon....they apparently call Ham Bacon.





We then got back on the coach and took a nap.



Afterwards we stopped by Chester. We went into this great Cathedral and then walked along the Roman wall that had been built to protect the city. The city also has what is called rows, which are basically 2 story buildings that are old and have been turned into shops. All of the buildings are old and have been maintained unlike the US where we tear down and build new. It was great.





Then we drove and slept in Bolton. Dinner was....ok. To be honest I didn't care for the Chicken Currey. We did however have dinner with a lady named Annette. She reminds me of Jenner. She is an artist and runs a murder mystery in Australia. I'll tell you about today later.

End Journal

Day 2 was indeed incredible. The birthplace of Shakespeare was so neat and we got to stop and see Ann Hathaway's cottage as well. It was such a quaint little town. Chester was very shopping oriented but it was still neat. I love the look of the buildings. The Cathedral was incredible. Such a massive structure with such architectural beauty; the stained class windows, the sculpture of the building itself. It was great.

On more current notes today has been a lazy one for me. Jack cut some of the grass, bless him, and I've well done very little. I need to work on my class but motivation has flown the coup. Maybe it will come back later... Lord knows it needs too.

5 comments:

Jae said...

Your pictures are amazing! You've obviously created memories for a lifetime.

Manny said...

LOVE IT! Give me MO MO MO!

LotusKnits said...

Ooooh I'm so jealous. And you took such great photos (of course)! I think a trip to England is in order for the hubs and I.

:D

Nic said...

Such a great trip it sounds like. Isnt it amazing that not only buildings but pubs have been operating for 100s of years. I think it's cool until the cobblestone streets. Keep one and pave the rest of those babies over-- they are horrible to walk on!

Anonymous said...

wow! What a trip and history that you got to see.
Secret Pal

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...