Tuesday, June 27, 2006

No Pics so Onto Other Topics

I was going to do a post of Scotland day 5 but blogger is not letting me upload pics at the moment. I've picked them out which is what takes so long so I'll try again later. Now that my original blogging plan is out I must now decide what to share with you...

Satisfaction. Have you ever noticed that we as a people are never satisfied? Or at least I'm not. I have a great life, food in my belly, a roof over my head, a husband that loves me and a paying job but it's not enough. Will anything ever be enough? I want a higher paying job where I answer to no one but myself (not going to happen by the way), I want a different house - not bigger but different, I want...I want...I want. This is not the way I should be. I should be happy that I am so blessed and be content to live out my life instead of trying to get to the grass on the other side which really probably isn't that much greener. I would say this is something else I need to work on but then a part of me rises up and says NO. It's ok to have dreams and to hope for more...which is right? My guess is that there is a fine line to walk and that we all step off one way or the other in error everynow and then. Some people are to complacent, never striving for more, while on the other hand you have those people who think everything they have is shit and that they are better than their current circumstances. Where to draw the line is a grey area...

Welp, more of Scotland as soon as blogger gets off it's ass. Chat with you later.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I want...

you to read my blog, then call me.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...