Friday, June 02, 2006

Vacation Day 4

Here is vacation day 4 - my absolutely favorite day. We drove thru the lake district into the highlands and the scenery was magnifco. Warning this post is extremely pic heavy - I had to pic my favorite pics and I took over 800 that day alone so it wasn't easy. Also, another disclaimer on all pics posted regarding the vacation - alot of them were taken out of a bus at 60 or sometime I think 90 miles an hour not to mention that the lighting sucked most of the time so please don't use their quality to judge my artistic ability :) Hope you enjoy.

Summary of Tuesday 5/16/06

We left the heartless town of Glasgow and headed toward the Isle of Skye. However we did stop a bit on the way. The drive up that way was beautiful.


(Yes those are clouds - pretty eh :) )

We stopped by Fort William after driving thru Glencoe where the Campbells massacred the MacDonald Clan. We also drove thru Ben Nevis before getting on the road to the Isles road. The road was one lane and the bus was close to the cars and trees. That road had some great scenery.



We then, at the end of the road got on a ferry that led us to the Isle of Skye. The longest island off of Scotland. It was very pretty. The shoreline which meats the Atlantic Ocean had a lot of rock.



(Pic of a bird on Ferry Docs. One of my favs. The other was of a sheep in the road on our way from the ferry to the end of the island. I'm telling you sheep are everywhere, unfortunately hard to get pic of them going 80 miles an hour in a bus.)

We stopped at the end of the island before taking the bridge back to the mainland. There was a lighthouse and an old tower that was very cool.



(friendly kitty at the end of the island - we got to pet him - it helped our kitty withdrawals - tee hee)

We then headed toward Strathpeffer and stayed at the Ben Wyvis Hotel. However, on our way we did stop and take pics of a couple different castles. Very cool. ((journal note, we also passed Loch Ness which I neglected to mention in my journal))


(Eileen Dolan Castle)

(Urquhart Castle)

The hotel is gorgeous Victorian style and there was a great band playing music (50s & 60s) after dinner. Overall it was a wonderful day.

(Yep that was our hotel!! - it rocked!)

On another note I'm not as frustrated as earlier. I spoke with my academic advisor and believe he is going to help me...we shall see. I also got to come home and play some HL2 Deathmatch - I died alot but I had SOOOOOOOOOO much fun. Now, I'm off to help Jack finish up a quest in EQII. Have a good night blogland.

2 comments:

Manny said...

Love it!

Mylerna said...

I'm glad. I was concerned that I was boring everyone :)

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...