Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bittersweet - A Day to ... Well A Day

There are days that go by one wants to remember, there are days that go by one wants to forget and then there are just the days. Most of the 365 days that make up a year are just that - days; they are neither memorably bad or memorably good - they are just another tick on the clock, another rotation of the earth, another day. I mean think about it - How was your day last Wednesday?, Wednesday the 22 of last month?, last year? Get's a little fuzzy for most of you doesn't it? Yep, just another tick in the yearly rotation. So what was today for you - was it something you will remember for ever or was it just a day? I believe this to be a good perspective when judging exactly how bad something is. When you have had what you believe to be an absolutely horrible day you should stop and think - "Will I remember this next week? next month? next year? Hell, will you remember it tomorrow?" This helps to put the days in perspective for me. My perspectives are as follows:

Happiest Days/Memories of my life (in no certain order):
- Day I had my Easter dress on and I went to sit in a bucket of water - no I don't really remember it but the stories make me happy :) and I remember them.
- The day I met Jack. He was leaning back on his 3000 GT with his arms crossed, his combat boots on and a look that showed he thought he ruled the roost. The people around him were dim in comparison.
- The day I married Jack - I remember the look on his face when he saw me...priceless
- The day I met and fell in love with Jack's grandmother, Hapaw. She reminds me so much of my Big Mamaw.
- Playing board and card games with my Big Mamaw
- Playing pool with Riffe, Purcell and Kwamu at the college
- Having my former boss, Dwight, talk about my work and me with pride.
- Talking to my Mama about nothing for hours as she was silently wishing I would shut-up because it was the 15th time I had said the same thing.
- Blowing up the mexican dish and having my mother run out of the bedroom in a panic.
- Flirting and playing pool on Thursday nights at the Wildhorse with Jason and David

** I'd like to note here that only one of my happy moments that I will remember forever have to do with school and / or work. So why is it that we spend so much energy trying to excel there when our real source of happiness is elsewhere. I'm not saying don't do your best - just don't let it be your life - life is at home with your family or with your friends so LIVE it **

Worst Memories
- Most are unspeakable but let's just say in the grand scheme of things they pale in comparison and the numbers are far less. Therefore, I am under the impression that while there are more days, general unmomentious days than there are happy or bad ones; there are also many more happy ones than there are horrible ones. In every bad day I'm sure you can find one good moment, weather it be a sweet spring wind, a sunset, or a cherry blossom falling in your hand...if you look for them they are there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, my goodness - dwelling on memories is over now. Tee Hee. Just a bit of philosophy I really didn't know was in me until my fingers began to move on the keyboard. Now, back to real life.

I mailed my last secret pal gift today....she (Jae) will know who I am by Friday. Very exciting! I want to take this moment to say that it has truly been a joy playing the part of your secret pal. I hope you have enjoyed your gifts and I hope to keep in touch! I believe that I have made a real friend thru this exchange! I can't wait to see who my secret pal is - she has been great!!!! Suspense - Suspense :)

On a darker note Mama is going to have to undergo 4 Kimo treatments. Her chance of survival without them is 70% - with them it is 85% - so she is going for them and I'm glad. I feel sorry for her though, she is going to lose her hair and the treatments make you physically sick. Here's hoping her side-effects will be minimal. On a happy note she was able to plan the treatments around our trip to Scotland so she is still going with us - WOOT. I'm spending the night with her tomorrow night so I probably won't be bloggin.

Well, enough jabber for now - Have a good night everyone!

1 comment:

Jae said...

I have truly enjoyed being spoiled by you! You are incredibly thoughtful.

I hope everything works out with your mother. I can't imagine the fear you must feel some days. I'll be thinking of you and wishing for the best.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...