Sunday, March 12, 2006

Good Weekend

Jack and I had a good weekend. We got up early Saturday morning and drove his Hapaw to Decatur AL to stay with her sister. I'm normally very nervous around new people so I was dreading having to visit with her sister and brother-in-law but they were great people and we really did have a wonderful time. They have this screen porch that is to die for...may be our next update to the house. Anyway after we had lunch with them and said goodbye to Hapaw we headed to a good friend of mines home to stay the night - Rev. Lester and Linda Cowan. I really wanted to see them and couldn't see not paying a visit since we were so close and well frankly I wanted to go to church and we haven't found one around here; granted I haven't been looking lately but....

The visit was nice. Linda can cook, boy I tell you what. I think I gained three pounds. We played spades (Lester and I winning of course) and then went to church this morning. All I can say is that I needed it. It was uplifting and refreshing. Jack and I will be finding a church in the area.

On another note one of their daughters is knitting. I showed her last time I was over there and she is still at it. So cool. I got a bunch done on my shawl (about 1/2 done). Tee hee.

Well, off to bed or extracurricular activities - see you all later.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...