Saturday, July 01, 2017

Texas Adventure Day 15

7/1/17

Today was a day of rest.  We are at the beach and Mama and I spent much of the day in the room enjoying the A/C and quiet.  I read a book and Mama took naps.. the girls spent time at the pool and the beach.

This beach is different than others I've been too.  Trucks and cars pull on to the beach and instead of  umbrellas they set up big tents like you see at fairs.   The sand has no sea shells and the place is super busy.  It's much more of a party beach than what I'm used to and the hotel pool is not made for relaxing, but rather for partying... not my style.

Mama and I did leave the hotel a few times.  Once for breakfast, once this afternoon to walk the beach, once for dinner at a local seafood place (I was disappointed that they didn't have waitresses, but it was ok) and then to walk the beach again.  

The girls have stayed out most of the day at the beach or in the pool.  They got a little sunburned... their own fault as I have at least 4 things of sun screen that they refused to use so... I feel no sympathy.  I hope they don't let it mess with the rest of their trip.

I can tell we've been together for 15 days... with no real time to ourselves, the little things are starting to grate on one another, but overall we are still having a good time.      I am not a "people person" so 15 days of sharing small hotel room with 3 other people is a lot, but we have had so much fun and I'm determined to finish that way.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...