Monday, July 31, 2017

Day 4

While editing pictures I realized I did not do a travel journal for the remainder of the trip we took back in April and that just won't do.  So here are a few comments about what I remember from Day 4. Really mad at myself for failing to document day 3 and 4.

April 6, 2017

This was the last day of our adventure.   We got our stuff together and checked out of the BNB, Grabbed a bite to eat and then headed over to the Atlanta History Center.

Jean and Amanda met us there and it was to see and visit with them.   To kick off our visit we did the inside museums of which there are several.   By museum exhibit # 3 I just sat down in a video room and let them go.   I was museum-ed out.

We then walked down to the Swan House, which is part of the History Center.   The house is very realistic with pretend maids, butlers, etc...   It was neat and you get to see most of the rooms which is rare for homes open like this.    They also have a pioneer village set up with staff members pretending they live there.   Mama had a good time with them asking questions and talking about how she was raised, many of the things they have she used.    It's amazing to think what she has lived through.

After we explored the area we ate at a soup shop inside the history center.  I do not recommend doing this to anyone visiting - it was not really good at all.

And that was our adventure... we hugged Amanda and Jean goodbye and headed home out of Atlanta. It's about a 2.5 hour drive and I think I remember getting home around 6.   Overall it was a good Mother - Daughter adventure.  I"m looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...