Monday, July 31, 2017

Atlanta Day 3

While editing pictures I realized I did not do a travel journal for the remainder of the trip we took back in April and that just won't do.  So here are a few comments about what I remember from Day 3. Really mad at myself for failing to document day 3 and 4.

April 5th 2017

Day 3 we woke up to rain, rain and more rain, but we didn't let that stop us.

We started the day with a fabulous breakfast at Another Broken Egg.   We drove out of the way to get to this place and ended up driving right under where I85 had been destroyed via fire a few weeks earlier, which was eerily neat to see.   I got my Cinnamon Roll French Toast fix, some coffee and we were on our way to tackle the day.

After breakfast we drove over to see Hapaw who lives about an hour from Atlanta - so driving in a lot of rain.   Seeing her was worth it though.   We had a nice visit with her before heading over to see the CNN Center.  

The CNN Center was a disappointment.  The ticket was expensive, you really didn't get to see all that much and pictures were limited.   I don't know I just expected more.  After eating some Chick Fil'a after the tour we decided to head back to the BNB.   We were both wet and tired ... naps were calling our name.

We spent the remainder of the day resting and staying dry.  

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...