Sunday, July 02, 2017

Texas Adventure Day 16

7/2/17

Today had some interesting parts and some boring driving parts... overall it was a great day!

First we got up, loaded up and headed to the National Seashore.   We spent about 45 minutes walking on the pristine beach.  It's amazing to see the ocean not surrounded by buildings, etc...  I loved it and wish it would have not been so hot - I would have loved to walk the nature walk, but it was just too hot.

Then we went to breakfast at Frankies.   We got there around 11 o'clock and were finally seated around 12:30... yep hour and 1/2 wait in the heat.  Mama and the girls waited in the A/C of the truck, but it was hot.  I had some good time to bond with the other people suffering in the heat.     We then sat and waited about 45 minutes for the food...  You would think this would annoy me, but in all honesty it was ok.     The restaurant only has 6 tables and the owner spent some time chatting with us. The owner's wife is the cook and while she doesn't rush, the food was amazing.  I absolutely loved the bacon and the home fries.  It was amazing...   If I had to do it over I wouldn't wait that long again, but it was amazing.

We then started driving toward League City where we are camping out at tonight.   What I didn't realize is that by choosing the scenic route I was going over a ferry.  I had never driven onto a ferry so it was pretty cool.  The ferry  ride was only a few minutes but it was cool.

We then drove... and drove... and drove.  It was about 5 hours in the car and by the time we got here I was so sleepy.   We unloaded the car and then I ran to have it washed as the salt from the beach had completely covered it and I didn't want the paint damaged.

Now we are back and all settled in.  This is a Candlewood Suites hotel - I've never stayed at one before and it is amazing!!!!   It is huge with a full kitchenette, I love it.  Looking forward to an early night and some good sleep.    Sleep well blogland.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...