Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Texas Adventure Day 18

7/4/17

Happy 4th everyone!   We've had a good one  here in New Orleans.   This will be the last travel journal of our TX adventure unless something unexpected happens tomorrow as tomorrow will only be a travel day.  This trip overall has been wonderful.

I've learned alot about my nieces.  I've learned that I'm capable of more than I thought I was when it comes to planning, leading and being in close quarters with others for an extended period of time.     I've learned a lot and am grateful for the opportunity my husband and God gave me to do this.  

So what did we do today?  Mama got up at the butt crack of dawn and went gambling while we slept.  I ended up sleeping in the living room last night because I could sleep with out my ear plugs for the first time since our trip began and it was amazing.    I got the best night sleep in 17 days!  But I woke up and moved into the bedroom when Mama got up so I could keep on sleeping.

We then got up and went to get some breakfast at a place called the Ruby Slipper.  Mama stayed behind to take a nap (LOL).   The breakfast was good and even better is we could walk there so win!  I didn't drive all day :)

We then came back and got Mama before heading over to get a Jazzy pass.  A jazzy pass is an all day ticket for the street car transportation here which was nice.    We then rode it down to the Old US Mint, but unfortunately it was closed.   We meandered in the market for a bit and then wondered around for a bit.  It was extremely hot and we were pouring sweat ... I asked everyone what they wanted to do and got silence so I made a decision and we booked the day boat tour.    It was a good hour and half before the boat ride so Mama and I came back to the hotel to rest and the girls went walking around.

We then made our way to the boat and hopped on.  It was nice, but it was also hot.  I don't know the heat is just overlaying everything with miserable hotness!

We then came back to the hotel and got changed and ready for dinner.  We also took a little bit of down time.

We then headed back down for dinner at BB King Restaurant again.    I had reservations given it is the 4th, but we didn't need them - which surprised me.     The service this time was much better and the music was good.   The singer got off the stage and walked around sitting at peoples tables while playing the base.  It was fun.

We then paid and headed out to catch the fire works.  I expected to not get a good spot, but I was able to put Kaylee and Amanda right up front next to the river.  The fireworks were nice and it was a great end to our trip.

We then walked back to the hotel and are getting ready to leave tomorrow.   It's been a fabulous journey and I'm glad we came.  I'm also glad to be going home tomorrow.  I'm ready to sleep hug the hubby, pet the cat and sleep for a week.

Till the next adventure blogland!  Love you all.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...