Sunday, June 25, 2017

Texas Adventure Day 9.2

6/25/17

So I thought I was done for today, but I have to tell you about our laundromat experience.   Everyone but Kaylee and I were asleep so we decided to wash the cloths that we had planned to wash later in the evening.  I thought the hotel had a laundromat, but it didn't so we headed out to the local laundromat.  

I realized upon driving over to this laundromat that I have no idea how to use a laundromat.  I told Kaylee to stay in the car and I got out and popped in to make sure they sold washing powders.  I was walking in and there was a gentleman standing there and he said "yes, there is a machine to the right that sales it."  I popped in and a guy that worked there confirmed the machine so I went out and got Kaylee.

We then proceeded to get change and put or cloths in the washers.  The guy was extremely helpful and showed us how to use the machines and how much to put in each one.   I believe he may have been slightly autistic, but he was highly functioning and helped me out extensively.

After getting our cloths going we sat and visited for a while with each other.   We then put them in the dryers and the gentleman once again helped us.  I'm sure he was laughing on the inside, but ah well - I needed the help.  

We then waited a bit longer until they were done and then we started to fold them.  At this point the guy is hanging out chatting with us as we fold.  It was a little bit awkward as it felt like he was analyzing our cloths, but he was just trying to get some company I think.  Anyway, this excursion cost me like $25 - I'm not sure how people afford laundromats, but the cloths are clean.   It was a funny adventure and I had a ball telling the girls back at the hotel.    

Once we got back everyone repacked their suitcases and we are checking out in the morning to head to Corsicana and then to Austin.    I'll let you know how that all goes tomorrow :)

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...