Saturday, June 17, 2017

Texas Adventure Day 1 Part 1

6/17/17

Today we embarked on our girls adventure to Texas.   It's me, Mama and two of my nieces - Kaylee and Amanda.   I'll try as always to journal our adventures here.

We began packing the truck at 8:15 and it took 30 minutes to pack it up.  Jack had to bring out his engineering degree to get it done... I pray I can pack it back up tomorrow.  It took a feet in spacial relations and I'm not all that great at that, wish me luck.

We then left, stopped to get some ice for the cooler and then grabbed a quick bite to eat.  We ate at Chick-fil-A and Kaylee's parents and the hubby joined us.  Chick-fil-A was awesome as always, but I still had to go grab some Dunkin before heading out on our adventure.

And then we were off - 9:55, a whole 5 minutes earlier than my agenda :)

We then headed to Lagrange GA for the first stop in our adventure.

We ate at Mighty Joe's Pizza.   It was good... the options in Lagrange weren't all that and this was one of three I had narrowed our list down to.  The pizza was good, but I've had better.  What I found funny was the other's reactions.  Here are some examples:


  • Amanda - Ordered Cheese Pizza.  Just cheese??? I now know she is truly odd :) LOL
  • Amanda - The fact the TV wasn't centered in the wall or the fact the picture frames were not straight drove her insane!  It was so funny.
We then headed to the Biblical History Center.   I'll say it is a great idea - a remake of biblical places so that people have an idea of how people lives.  Sample crosses like what Jesus was really crucified on, etc...  There was a lady giving a tour, but she was going to depth and almost preaching so we walked away and did a self tour.  We enjoyed seeing the items and taking pictures.   Kaylee and Amanda are quickly learning, if they didn't already know that Mama and I love to take pictures.   The facility was interesting, but at the same time it felt touristy or fake?  Which of course it was - they were recreations of things, not the actual things so I'm not sure what I was expecting.   However, it was a nice stop to stretch our legs.  And it was interesting.  

The one thing that irritated me was they have a real museum part with real artifacts from Israel.  There is no sign saying no pictures so I was taking some - without the flash and was gotten on to.  If they don't want pictures, put a sign!

Anyway - I think it was a neat experience, but not one I would care to repeat.

We then headed toward Selma.  However, first we had to stop to get some more ice for the cooler (we may end up buying a new one as this one doesn't keep ice frozen long at all).  We are trying to drink out of the cooler vs paying convenience store prices for drinks, etc...    

We are now in Selma and resting a bit at the hotel.   The hotel is nice, but the A/C is leaking and the carpet is wet.  They only have a room that is smaller so we are opting to put towels down... it will be ok for one night.    We may rest here all night or we may go explore some of Selma tonight before settling down - I'll let you know what we decide in part 2 :)

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...