Friday, September 01, 2006

Yep I'm Procrastinating & You're Helping Me!

Yeppers, I'm supposed to be writing my assignment right now - the books are spread out; the research in process, a paragraph has been written and now I'm here blogging. I should finish and I will but I felt the need to say hi to my blogger friends. Today, this week, or maybe just this moment in time is unique. I've been extremely happy, no not giddy happy just content. I'm content with my life. I love sitting on the couch watching tv and knitting while my hubby reads and surfs the net. I love coming home and washing the cloths, I'm just happy and it feels good - really good. I know I've had several post similar to this lately and it may be boring to some of you but this happy is such a different feeling for me. I have always been looking for the next catastrophe, worrying about when the other shoe would drop and explode my world again, or just sitting around giddy one minute and terribly depressed the next and while that does still occasionally happen I am overall happy with my life and I love it. I keep thinking about being happy and wondering how I coped before; ah well I'm not going to worry about it.

Now on to sadder subjects; Mrs. Leitch died this week. Her viewing was tonight and her funeral tomorrow. She is my best friends grandmother and has looked the same for as long as I can remember her. I didn't really know her too terribly well, to be honest I was scared of her. I'm not sure why - maybe the wig, maybe the fact that she got on to me for having hot chocolate in the bedroom when I was little, or maybe it was ... well heck I don't know why. She was the typical grandmother who baked, made her kids and grand children more pillows (sewing) than you can throw a stick at and always had this unique aura that made her, her. She will be missed by her family and I ask that you my blogger friends please keep them in your prayers for the next few days and weeks as they attempt to pick up the pieces and move on.

And back to happier things because I don't want to leave you on this fine Friday with a sad thought. My baby shirt is almost done...about 3/4 of the way. I'm so excited and I think it looks dang good! I can't wait. The bag that I showed you a few days ago in the picture has been felted and lets just say it shrunk...I'll post pics later, but guess I should have used cold water! It still works but.... goodness! No Amanda - You can't compare it to the cherry pie!!

Well, I've got to get this done so I can go to bed and have sex :) Or maybe I need a break right now, just kiddin :) Sleep well blog land.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Sorry about your loss.

And I have to admit that blogging has kept me many a time from doing other kinds of stuff... like homework, housework etc.

Jana B said...

The whole felting thing just sounds WAY too complicated!!!!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...