Friday, December 23, 2005

Birthcontrol

Ok, so I've had my birth control for the year!!! No, I don't mean the little pink pill (which I take everyday) instead I'm speaking of the mental kind. Sometimes it gets in my mind, like most women I suspect, "awe look at the baby - I want one". Then I get around a bunch of children who have learned to talk, walk and generally annoy everyone around them and I remember why I'm still taking the pink pills. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against children as long as I can send them back to Mama. We just got back from celebrating Christmas with my side of the family and three of my nieces and nephews were present. Now please don't misunderstand; these are very well behaved children and my brother and his wife are wonderful parents, but even the most well behaved child annoys me. Add children, Christmas excitement and my brother yelling "Ho Ho Ho" in a voice loud enough to be heard on Mars and you have one thing -> Mylerna's Mental Birth control for the Decade! Ok, so enough about my rant on kids. If you have children and you think I'm a heartless bitch for not adoring the little darlings just remember that we're not all meant to be parents. Some of the people with 6 kids and no job using our tax money to pay for their "little darlings" would do well to remember this!

Rant Over - Next Topic

Christmas is two days away - normally an exciting time of year - but this year I find myself just happy to have a few days off. I'm not giddy for Christmas, which disturbs me. Hopefully when I'm wrapping presents tomorrow the giddiness will come.

However speaking of giddy - I learned to do the purl stitch in knitting today! I'm not a natural with it yet; let me knit a couple more scarves and I'll be doing it blindfolded - but thanks to my sister-in-law I'm well on my way! It also felt good tonight to see my brother and a friend of mine open their gifts and receive my knitted scarves; granted they may think "oh great something to hide in my closet till next time I see her", but I hope they liked them. I enjoyed giving them :) See I'm in the Christmas spirit already.

Well, I'm off to bed to dream of romance, a permanent form of birth control and St. Nick knocking on my door. Dream Well Sweet World!

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...