Sunday, September 10, 2017

London Day 9

Today is our last day in London before we head over to Germany and we made it a great day!  We got up and left the hotel at 7:15 heading to meet our tour.  Once there we got on the bus and headed to Castle Leer.  I could tell right off this tour guide was better than the one the other day - though some of his jokes were a little out of taste for me.     We rode over to the Castle while he pointed out things and told us history along the way.

Once there we meandered around a bit before they opened - the grounds are gorgeous!  Then we went through the castle which has been set up to show how it would have been at different time periods, from the 1500's all the way to the 1970's.   I enjoyed walking through and some of our group were photo buffs so we enjoyed chatting.

We then made our way back to the coach after getting some pictures.  Mama isn't feeling well today - fighting a cold and I could tell she was feeling it when she wanted to head back so early without asking us to take pictures.

Once on the bus he talked some more and then I dozed off while we rode.   Jack woke me up at Canterbury.  This is the oldest town in England and reminded me very much of any town... nothing really special until you got to the Cathedral.  The Cathedral was amazing and you could take pictures which made it even better.  We walked through, took some pictures and then headed back to the bus.  It started drizzling on us so we didn't dally on our way back, but booked it - stopping on the way to buy Mama some tissues.

Once on the bus we drove to Dover.  Mama always wanted to see the White Cliffs of Dover so here we were.  We got out and started walking down to see them closer and it started raining - not drizzling - raining!  We had left our umbrella's on the bus so we got wet... I'm lucky that the coat I have has a slick rain resistant material so I didn't get too wet on the top, but my legs were soaked.  Mama also got pretty wet... We did get to see them although - We both took the fasted snap shot ever and booked it back to the bus.   The bus driver was nice to cut the heat up and we tried to dry out - the entire bus I think got wet :(

We then rode back to Greenwich - most people dozed.  Something about those buses induces sleep.   When we got back to Greenwich we headed to the boat - stopping along the way for the guide to tell us about it.  We saw a different part today than the other day, but I'll admit I didn't see much today. Greenwich is on the river and it was cold, windy and rainy.   So we were grateful to get on the water taxi and head back to London.  Once we got back we said good bye to the guide and headed to the hotel to pack and get ready to head out tomorrow - our driver picks us up at 7 AM.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...