Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Germany Day 18

Today showed us the German country side that everyone raves about.  But don't let me digress... I know you want to hear about the entire day right?

I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling well so I was moving slow this morning.  Jack took  Mama down to breakfast and I laid down for a bit longer.   I came down about 7:20 and wanted some of the French Toast.  When I went to get it there was none - when I asked the wait staff if they were going to make some more I got a very gruff "NO" and that was it.  There wasn't much else and my stomach wasn't 100% so I stuck with coffee.

We then left for Neushwanstein Castle.   This was the castle that inspired Disney and it was gorgeous from the distance.   The king designed it himself, but never got to live in it as he died before it was complete.  It was very pretty with amazing paintings and architecture throughout.  They said no photos, but I sneaked a few - not as many as yesterday as these guards were more watchful, but I sneaked and got some.

We had gotten a ride up to the castle but had to walk back down - the walk took about an hour.  The walk down was nice as it had stopped raining for the most part, but it was a deep - damp - cold so I was ready for the bus and the heater.  I thought we were early so I went to the bathroom and got some cash out - only to get on the bus and realize I was 5 minutes late, oops :)

We then road over to Lake Constance.  The drive over was gorgeous, but it was rainy as well - I am sure glad we have a great driver.   Once there we saw the lake, but didn't stay long as it was cold and rainy.  We walked quickly to a restaurant and sat down.   The service was good as was the food.   We had burgers and really enjoyed ourselves.  It was an inside restaurant but birds had flown in the doors so that was neat to see.  

After this we went back to the bus and drove to another short stop to see a church and a view of the lake.  It was raining and I had just warmed up ... given it was really more of a rest stop we opted to buy a couple of souvenirs and stay on the bus.     We then drove to our hotel in the Black Forest and are resting up for tomorrow.  

Last real day of our trip before we fly home is tomorrow -here is praying it's sunny and warm :)




1 comment:

Guru Indonesia said...

thanks mylerna
greetings from jakarta
best regards,
guruku

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...