Tuesday, September 05, 2017

London Day 4

Today was a bit rainy but overall a really good day.  We started the day off by grabbing breakfast at a place called the Blackbird.   It is a pub that a had a yelp highly rated breakfast.   The food overall was good - I had pancakes which were good, but they were served with honey vs. syrup which was different.  The coffee on the other hand was atrocious, not sure what they do to coffee in England, but they really need to visit Dunkin and learn how a proper cup is made.    The service was great though and we enjoyed the experience.

We then grabbed the metro down to Westminster Pier where we hopped on a boat that took us down the Thames River to Greenwich.  The rain held off during the really neat parts of the ride... where all the pictures we wanted to take were.   So that was a huge blessing.  It then started raining and we went down to the bottom of the boat and enjoyed the ride.  Jack took a mini-nap on the ride and Mama and I enjoyed watching London pass by.   I love boat rides... we take one of some type on almost every trip.

It stopped raining by time we got off, it was just a light mist, so we headed up to the Royal Observatory.  The walk up was extremely steep but the view was nice and it wasn't hot so that was a win.   We then went and saw the meridian line and one of the largest telescopes.   Jack enjoyed it.

We then had to go our separator ways. Jack went to back to the hotel to work while Mama and I went in the hunt of food.  We rode the bus, then hopped a metro down to Piccadilly Circus.   We had a nice lunch at a place called Jamie Oliver's American diner.  The view was nice over the street and the food was yummy.

We then walked around the square, took a few pictures and headed down to the Museum of London.  This is a free museum that walks you through the London during the different time periods.  It was well done and I enjoyed looking at the exhibits.  I didn't read much of the material, but took pictures I can read later if I get the desire.  

Mama and I then headed back to the hotel for a rest.   Jack had about an hour and 1/2 before he could take a lunch break due to meetings so we decided to chill for a bit.

Once Jack was ready it was almost 4 EST so he could basically be done for the day given he didn't take a lunch.   Mama was ready to go to sleep so she stayed in and Jack and I went to an Italian restaurant down the street.   It was so neat.  It looks TINY from the door, but it has a huge basement that is nothing but tables and a bustling restaurant.   The staff was amazing and the pizza was incredible.   I tried a seafood dish that I hated, but I ate some of Jack's pizza and we both left happy.   I'd recommend the restaurant, just stay away from the Seafood pasta dish.  

And now we are back in our hotel, in our pjs and getting ready to go sleep.   I dozed for a few waiting on Jack to get done with his meeting and really hope it doesn't impact my ability to go to sleep.   I need some rest.  

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...