Monday, December 18, 2006

Long Time - No Post

Sorry, It's been a while since my last post. Life is good here - I have a sense of fulfillment and contentment. I'm cherishing the feeling. Life around me is good and thus I am good. The rain can come, the winds can blow, the waves can crash and yet I will stand! I am strong and I am determined!

Geesh, upon further reviewing my self analysis I sound like a lighthouse, lol. Come on in Sailor :)

Ok, so enough of that gibberish. Life is seriously good and not for any one reason.

- My sis-in-law just got there first house! It is SOOOOOOO cute; it makes me want to burn mine to the ground and buy a new one :) No seriously it is adorable and so perfect for them. I'm so happy and hope they enjoy every square inch of it.

- My families Christmas went well this weekend. I cooked bunches and we are still eating on it! I think everyone had an ok time... no one ever has a GREAT time at these family things, but hopefully it wasn't completely boring. April came and joined us; she is a friend of mine from Athens. She is one of the nicest people I've ever met; and she is so adorable with her little VW Bug. I've never met such an independent person! You go girl! **P.S. We're trying to bring her into the knitting family -- Future Knitter She Shall Be :) **

- School is well ... BEHIND but I'm dedicated and will be caught up before the last day on Thursday! Ok so realistically it maybe Saturday before I'm completely caught up but dang it I will get'er done! After which classes are over until 1-7 and then on 2-13 I GRADUATE!!!! Yep you saw it the big G! I can't wait.

- Knitting is really on a stand still right now and for some reason I feel like that is something I should feel guilty about - why? It's just a hobby.... Who knows where my psychy comes up with shit.

Work is going well. I'm learning alot of new procedures and getting to know my team. One of the people that directs work my way is almost deaf... I'm trying to figure out how to communicate with her well. She is so sweet, I just need to learn to slow down when I talk and enuciate so she can read my lips.... I'll get it! But really things are going well. I got my first pay check on Friday :)

That's all my updates for tonight! I really hope all of you in blogland are enjoying your Christmas season! May you have dreams of snowmen and gingerbread :)

2 comments:

Nic said...

AHHHH it's so nice to see a happy post from you... especially around Christmas. So do you have former co-workers wanting to call you and still keep you up to date at your old place?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything seems to be going so well at the new job! And wow, you are almost graduated - way to go!

Have a great holiday!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...